I've seen a lot of discussion on here about the Ohio Senate race between Sherrod Brown and Josh Mandel. What I've yet to see (and I apologize if I've missed it) is a diary that features a northeast Ohio comedian just eviscerating Josh Mandel through a fake "outtakes" video. The video and a bit of info below...
One of the reasons that I think this video is so awesome and powerful is that it uses humor to completely destroy Josh Mandel.
It mentions so many good things:
- Ridiculous pandering to Ohio coal minors by faking a southern accent? Check.
- The fact that Mandel gave sweet jobs to college buddies with no relevant experience? Check.
- The fact that Mandel barely adheres to any fixed position on any issue? Check.
- The fact that Mandel completely lies through his teeth? Check.
- The sleazy tactics Mandel used to defeat his last political opponent? Check.
- The fact that he's so career-driven that he's already plotting his next political move without paying much attention to the job at hand? (He was barely in his job as state treasurer before he started running for senate). Check.
- Mention of the fact that a bunch of Ohioans will vote for him simply because there's an R next to his name? Check.
Just take a look for yourself:
I think this is the kind of viral video that could really have an impact on independent voters and people that just don't trust Mandel. The facts are all there, but presented in a fun and entertaining way.
The comedian who made this video, Mike Polk, makes a lot of videos about Cleveland, particularly their sports teams. They're all pretty hilarious, and I recommend checking them out. He also happened to make another Ohio-related political video I've seen (although a bit older) and it's gold as well: