You... yes, you. Look at
your watch the clock whatever device you use to tell time. If it's before 10:30pm Eastern, get thee back to the debate! Follow me below the dingledoodlesquiggliedKosagnocchidividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group dKosmail by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
I'd love to have a witty, brilliantly insightful diary here for you right now (it IS after 10:30pm Eastern, right? If not, go ! We'll be here afterwards! :-)) but there's a debate on. Between K1's swim meet, financial chats w Mr. Brillig after learning K2 needs braces now, and turning a frozen chicken and some vegetables into a giant batch of soup, I admit to running out of day. Oh, and the site was down for a while during Critical Diary Prep Time.
Take a look at tonight's comment noms, as well as Top Mojo/Pictures, then share your thoughts on how you think the debate went. Notice past tense, since if it's Still Going On, you better be watching! :)
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From milton333:sexgenderbody's I’m sick of talking about “abortion in cases of rape or incest”... stirred up this comment by raincrow and this one by RageKage.
From virgomusic:In deepfish's eloquent diary contrasting true charity with Paul Ryan's soup kitchen photo op, Inland puts it all in perspective.
From cohenzee:Saw this just a bit too late for last night's diary. From Laura Clawson's diary on the NHL hiring Repug spinmeister Frank Luntz, Cali Scribe shows us that Luntz's stink knows no bounds.
From MinistryOfTruth:Best Comment EVER by Gangster Octopus, from my diary today (brillig's note: submitted past deadline last nite) about Political Intimidation at Koch Industries.
From Steveningen:In Meteor Blades' Open thread for night owls diary last night, chrississippi came up with one of the best nicknames for Paul Ryan ever.
Top Mojo for yesterday, October 15th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic!
1) I liked the NY Times story that Bain never left by 4democracy — 128
2) Pretty epic stuff. That's gotta hurt Mitt by therehastobeaway — 112
3) I've never been first before, so here goes! by RO45 — 109
4) Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Great catch, by confitesprit — 107
5) My first vote for a presidential candidate by Its a New Day — 103
6) Let's send this wonderful man out knowing by Seneca Doane — 94
7) First major media poll in a week & look at result! by Draxinum — 94
8) Romney and W have far more in common than they by RFK Lives — 94
9) The breast cancer woman was my good friend by Louise — 92
10) The Other Side of the Coin by Lonely Liberal in PA — 87
11) mcgovern may have been the last of the true by edrie — 87
12) We Got 1 of the Greatest Hunter S. Thompson by CityLightsLover — 86
13) I'm not as famous or accomplished by Remediator — 85
14) There just isn't a response to that, is there? by confitesprit — 82
15) Hadn't thought of this.... by DefiantOne — 82
16) We are working hard for our Prez by Rosita — 79
17) thank you for all your efforts by jplanner — 77
18) he said that the ER 'gives' care? by Sue B — 77
19) whatever it is by Laurence Lewis — 76
20) Fantastic diary! by cassandracarolina — 75
21) That's a real "You, sir, are no JFK" moment. by lgmcp — 74
22) The 15 minutes Ryan spent "washing" dishes.... by Trix — 72
23) Mitt is fundamentally a con man; his core skill... by Minerva — 72
24) Charlie Pierce says... by RubDMC — 70
25) "Parasitic Capitalism" is more accurate by Technowitch — 70
26) Yes. I was an ER Doc for 25 years by Doc Allen — 68
27) At least I now have an explanation for why nobody by nailbender — 68
28) We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO by DoctorWho — 68
29) Great ad. "And you know he MEANS what he says." it by NedSparks — 67
30) As someone who actually washes dishes by josephk — 66
Top Pictures for yesterday, October 15th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!
Just want to say, I am sitting in Second Life watching the debate chatting with 19 other people, including the lovely gloriana. Good to see you there :).