I'm very excited to cast my vote tomorrow for the President and all of the other great Democrats on my local ballot. There are going to be festivities in my local area, including a BBQ in the evening and a protest against Rick "fecal matter & lube" Santorum in the morning. Yee haw!
I made up a flyer about the Sensata issue, because I feel that it is very important that voters know what is happening to American jobs RIGHT NOW thanks to Romney's company. While Romney may not be actively running Bain Capital right now, he has enough money still invested in it to influence the firm and save those jobs if he wanted to...
Please take a look at my pamphlet here:
There is a PDF file, and a Word 2007+ file that can be editted in that ZIP archive.
A few things:
- A majority of the text on this came from another diary on the Sensata story. I PM'd the author for permission.
- I have heard different numbers of jobs that are being lost at Sensata. Is it 170, or 750? If someone that knows more about the issue can do a quick fact check on this it would be great.
- I intentionally left off any explicit endorsements for Obama or any indications that this has any relation to an official campaign piece, because it isn't. This is simply something that a concerned citizen decided to design. I also didn't want to scare away right-wing folks who will read this by mentioning Obama, instead letting them connect the dots and figure out that a vote for Romney is NOT a vote that will benefit them. I'm happy if I can get a few people who were going to vote Romney fill in Gary Johnson's name instead.
- The Romney-esque font on the front flap and in the Romney logo alter is Trajanus Roman. The main content text is in Eras Medium ITC. Both fonts can be found online for free if you need to edit this.
- If you like this, please use it at your own polling places. You don't have to rely on just the official campaign materials if you feel that a point isn't being made. You could also take the text from this and easily turn it into an email to send to all of your right-wing email buddies. They send propaganda through email, so why can't we use their own communication channel against them?
- What do you think? Should I print off 100 of these and hand them out at the early voting location? How about on E-Day?