...for the days when minority vote didn't affect elections? Widely acknowledged as the last election in which Rethugs stand a chance, is nostalgia for the pre-2008 political landscape what's driving the discourse? Not so much an anti-Obama stance as a wistful sigh at white privilege slipping away?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by PeterY
- Those of you who've read my work before know that normally I like to write thoughtful essays on the nature of politics, progressivism, genuine conservatism, and tolerance. In the midst of attaining ...5 comments 13 Recs
- WHAT IS UP, BITCHES. THIS IS ALL CAPS GREG, THE RAGING ALTER EGO OF MILD-MANNERED GREG (aka StanBlather). HEY SHELDON ADDELSON HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW. I SPENT $254 IN DONATIONS TO BARACK OBAMA IN ...7 comments 10 Recs
- Not much of a diary, I know, but I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. Happy exhaustion! But let it be known: Rasmussen polling is a fraud that exists to prop up Republican candidates. Oh, sure, ...117 comments 317 Recs
- Or you'll get fired! The Republican/Tea Party wingnuts won majorities in the state House and Senate in 2010. (thanks alot 'stay at home' non-voters). But when thier campaign of jobs, jobs, jobs ...98 comments 279 Recs
- I'm not sure how else to put this...4 comments 6 Recs
- We are gonna win: I have very strong feeling that Obama is going to carry the day. There is not a single poll aggregator who disagrees. Nate, Sam Wang, pollster, rcp, tpm, grand old electoral-vote....10 comments 5 Recs
- I am from India, but I follow US politics very closely, I have no stakes in the elections as Americans do, but like many others around the world, what got my attention was the Bush era, and the Iraq ...3 comments 3 Recs
- Is the economic stress we feel because of President Obama? No. It's because of trends in place since Reaganomics began: We are working harder (blue line), being paid less (green line), to buy ...3 comments 4 Recs
- Nearly 1 million (997,524) people have already voted in North Carolina. By comparison, at the same time in 2008, 797,256 people had voted early. Overall, turnout is up by 200,268, a 25.1% increase ...112 comments 62 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.