I very much appreciated your comments regarding my dating entry earlier this month.
But as one commenter said, "keep your expectations low". Well, they weren't terribly high to begin with. There won't be a second date. My date, we'll call him Matt - was disappointing at best.
I just list the stuff I didn't like:
1. He brought a fifth of vodka wrapped up in a jacket and hid it in the backseat of my car. Was apparently swigging out of it before I picked him up (His car supposedly totalled in OK). So at first he seemed normal, but it was pretty obvious shortly that he was drunk.
2. Grabbed at my steering wheel twice to give me directions, instead of just speaking them out ahead of time. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE NO-NO. I explained how much that really unnerves me and would appreciate him keeping his hands to his side of the car while I'm driving, particularly, when I'm looking for my exit, having planned how to get there with a printed map.
3. We had agreed he would pay for parking if necessary prior to going, but as I'm trying to get off the expressway in downtown Dallas near Fair Park, an area I'm not terribly familiar with, he tells me he's brought no cash for parking. Now I have to go find an ATM, and as anyone knows, finding an ATM at 7 pm in a downtown business/jail district is difficult or you end up at a spot that's less than savory near the jail. Parking was $5.
4. He lingered around the back door of the passenger side of my car for several moments, and I naively was looking around at how close we were to the tour buses for the Wombats and the Band of Skulls. I was excited about that because I love getting autographs when I can. This was a smallish show, less than 700 people and so my chances were very good. Turned out he was sucking down his vodka, but I didn't know it yet.
5. At the door we got our hands stamped and 2 drink tickets for freebies of Jack Daniel's products and proceeded inside. I bought a Band of Skulls hoodie with my money for me and a CD. $50. He said I was being a little selfish not buying him one. This after he described his last couple of girlfriends and how "all they wanted was his wallet or money". I said that's kinda funny cause as far as I can tell, I have more money than you.
I tried to keep it light, and still hopeful, went in. The show wasn't ready to start. We got 2 very small shots of Jack Daniels Honey something, in a plastic cup and walked around. I'm very short and he's very tall, so usually in a crowd, it's best that I walk in front of and close to my companion, to stay together. He was starting to stumble and fall back, so I kept having to slow down for him. Then at one point he grabbed my hand, went in front, and drug me through the crowd running me into two people. I let go and he went right on out to the smoking area. After we had our drinks, he wanted to get some food at the spot next door (still part of the building/business at Gilly's) but then he ordered 2 items -quesadillas and small order of fried pickles- and we had to share. I realized that he didn't have much money and so figured I'd eat a real meal later. By the time we got back to the show, he was clearly drunk. I asked him how he could be so drunk on the stingy shots we got with our drink tickets, and that's when he confessed to the bottle of vodka in my car. Wow.
6. "Dancing" turned out to be him rubbing his boner between my shoulder blades and leaning very heavily on me. Between him trying multiple times trying to kiss me with a sloppy tongue. I'm a good foot and a half shorter than this guy. But I have a really really bad back and bad right knee, and this ended up ruining the show for me. I kept asking him to back up, but he kept coming right back. I was right at the edge of the stage so conversation about it was impossible, so I ignored it. By the end of Band of Skulls act, maybe 3 songs from the end, I was so ready to go sit in my car to rest. But I stuck it out, trying to be a trooper, but it really hurt. Icepacks and rest for two days after this 'date'.
7. At the end of the show, I wanted to go wait with the small crowd for autographs and pics, but he insisted that we leave and go get more drinks and play pool. I agreed to go. When we got to the bar I had to buy drinks and pay for the table. I'm a pool playing fiend and a bit of a shark, so I was merciless to him. 7 for 7. The last few games we played 8 Ball with a couple (2 teams of 2) and he actually took me aside and told me I shouldn't play so well, to let them win or to let him have the winning shot. This bugged me a lot. By the end of the night, I was really enjoying the couple's company, though. They wanted to pay me for pool lessons.
8. When I dropped him off at his apartment, he wanted me to come up stairs, ha ha! I told him politely that the end of the night review had not really come out in his favor and that he should warn a person before having an open container in their car. End of date. He thinks I'm really sexy. wow.
So I guess, friends, I still haven't had a real date with a decent person in my lifetime. Weird. Disappointing, but I am not afraid to try again.
BTW The Wombats and the Band of Skulls DID put on one hell of a show. Great music, really rocking it. They did not disappoint me at all and I got some ok pics.