Yes indeed, more free stuff would be greatly appreciated. I'm 65, retired, and living on social security, which really isn't enough and certainly doesn't keep up with inflation. But I'm not greedy. The free stuff that I want would be good for every one else also.
The good news is that I'm in pretty good health, and I'd like to stay that way as long as possible. So first on my list of free stuff is single payer health insurance. That there are 5 different parts to health insurance A B C D E is ridiculous. And that insurance companies suck off 20% in profit is stupid and wasteful. Other free stuff that I want is described below the squiggle.
* Build a community health center within 30 miles of my home, actually every home. That's a lotta construction jobs across the country and even more jobs for health professionals to staff thereafter. Plus a healthy population is cheaper to maintain.
* A farmers market in every county across America to be administered by local people. This provides construction jobs and a market where local home-grown, non-GMO food is available. And a some extra income for family farms and organic gardeners.
* Raise the SSI payouts. It really doesn't keep up with inflation.
* Widen the food stamp program
* Legalize marijuana. We can no longer afford to incarcerate people for smoking pot. Not to mention ruining lives.
What free stuff would you like?