To the casual observer, this young couple look just like any other teenagers in love.I just thought this was pretty cool.
But pretty Katie Hill and her boyfriend Arin Andrews share a unique bond - they were both born as the opposite sex.
Katie, 18, spent the first 15 years of her life as Luke, son of a Marine colonel, while Arin, 16, was born a girl called Emerald who excelled at ballet dancing and won beauty contests.
Both struggled with their sexuality all through their childhoods and were teased and bullied but their lives were changed when they both began hormone therapy and later met at a trans support group in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and instantly fell in love.
Katie said: 'All I saw was a handsome guy. We're perfect for each other because we both had the same troubles growing up.
'We're both size five, so we even swap our old clothes our mum's bought us but we hated.
'We look so convincing as a boy and a girl, nobody even notices now. We secretly feel so good about it because it's the way we've always wanted to be seen.'
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
vacantlook, gerard w, rserven, irishwitch, john07801, ThatPoshGirl, MsGrin, vahana, asterkitty, IB JOHN, jacey, QDMacaw, grubber
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by dov12348
- So the latest chapter in the sad, strange arc of my career has come to a close. I was laid off from my (temporary) tax position with New York State yesterday, after 4 months. It was a pretty ...57 comments 72 Recs
- Precinct Organizing Support Sought My county's Precinct Organizing Committee is planning a "train the trainers" session in July. I'm working with a couple of folks to track down good hands-on ...35 comments 12 Recs
- This will not be well received by some at all. I am standing up for we liberals who are stuck with Rick Scott and Republican legislators. In all of the years I have been here I have never said ...458 comments 199 Recs
- Carly Fiorina Carly Fiorina hoped ...88 comments 52 Recs
- or liberty, or the flag. I didn't serve for the reasons people think of when they tell me, "Thanks for your service." I knew that this war was not about any of that stuff. I served for 365 days ...186 comments 342 Recs
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT), which is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos, provides members of this community a venue to pay their respects to those who have died as a result of the ...58 comments 65 Recs
- 5:48pm, Note: I first posted that this fall happened at 8:45am. I was wrong. My neighbor and I figured out that I actually fell down at 8:00am. And then was out for 30 minutes. I know because she ...22 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.