- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Their own reality:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Golden results in the Golden State: Democrats dominate California, by Dante Atkins
- The colossal failure of National Organization for Marriage, by Scott Wooledge
- Grand or otherwise, there's no bargaining with these Republicans, by Laurence Lewis
- Mythbusting the 2012 Elections: Why So Much Obama-Romney CW Is Absurdly Wrong, by Steve Singiser
- Conservative Exceptionalism, by Mark Sumner
- Book review: Bill Fletcher, Jr.'s 'They're Bankrupting Us! And 20 Other Myths about Unions', by Laura Clawson
- Puerto Rico: Status and Statehood, by Armando
- From Sandy to the debates, what the media still gets wrong about the election, by Greg Dworkin
- Dr. Ami Bera remains optimistic in his still-not-called race against Rep. Dan Lungren. A ballot count released Friday increased his lead from 184 votes to 1,779, but the counting continues. The next count should be released Tuesday at 3:00 PT. This one is very likely to stay in recount territory, though. Help keep Bera funded through this counting.
- Funniest (or most pathetic) thing you'll read all day (click for the picture):
Eric Hartsburg caught some attention in the weeks leading up to the election for having the Romney campaign’s logo tattooed on his face.
Suffice to say, he’s not happy with Tuesday’s results.
“Totally disappointed, man,” Hartsburg told POLITICO. “I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life.” [...]
“I’ve gotten a lot of negative stuff, a lot of ‘F U’s,’” said Hartsburg. “It’s all kinds of ribbage, man. … ‘Your guy lost!’ ‘What are you going to do now?’” Fortunately, he cites his day job as a professional wrestler, so fighting off such opponents is not likely to be difficult. But no regrets.
“I’m a tattoo guy, and it was something fun,” he said. “I was trying to make politics fun. I didn’t change no lives; I’m no hero. But I shed blood for this campaign, and I’m glad to know that I did all that I could.”
And perhaps there’s a silver lining for Hartsburg.
“I’m hoping this opens some other doors in the entertainment business,” he said.
- In case you missed it (click link for video):
Engagements are exciting on their own. Add the President of the United States to the fray, and the event is even more memorable.
President Barack Obama made a stop at a campaign office in August and learned that two of his staffers, Sara El-Amine and Matthew Saniie, were engaged.
In a clip posted on Saniie's YouTube page on Saturday, El-Amine explained to Obama how the couple met.
- Put me down as a wouldn't:
- Add this to the list of things you probably never expected to read—and if you did expect it, well, get help!
Heart-shaped ceiling mirror: check. Curtains drawn against the bright day: check. Red mattress: check.
The establishment that opened here this year has features that demanding clients naturally expect from a love motel. Brazil, after all, is a world leader in these short-stay pleasure palaces, which beckon couples for trysts away from prying eyes with names like Swing, Absinthe and Alibi, and design motifs like medieval castles or of the American Wild West.
But Belo Horizonte’s newest love motel stands apart from the crowd in one crucial aspect. It is for dogs.
- More TradMed coverage of Teh Gop Crazy means more Kagro in the Morning coverage, too. Poor TN Republican Beth Cox, profiled in the WaPo, features prominently. Plus RedState's boo-hoo-ing about the Romney campaign being a "consultant con job." Dude, the Romney EVERYTHING is a consultant con job! And still the TradMed is after us for "compromise" with the people who hate numbers, science, reason, logic & economics. Sigh!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, eeff, QuoVadis, marina, skyounkin, gpoutney, JVolvo, Friend of the court, JeffW, Bongobanger, politicalceci, annieli, deeproots, Mathazar, nellgwen, radical simplicity
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:18 comments 25 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 287 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 253 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.