I live in an extremely conservative county in eastern Washington. At times it can be downright depressing. Apparently the county GOP leadership has decided to require loyalty oaths of its precinct officers. While I've known for a long, long time that conservatives want a one party system, this action rises to a shocking new level. It's a direct assault on personal liberty and one of the fundamental elements of our democracy. How anyone can justify this is beyond me.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by NukenGeek
- Outstanding ...90 comments 198 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily Growing up outside of Atlanta, I learned to crawl with Bob Dylan's " Only A Pawn In Their Game " as my soundtrack, anti-war posters hanging on the walls, ...719 comments 687 Recs
- Ok, as everyone who was paying attention in High School knows, this news actually broke in 1936. But Rick Perry was not paying attention so this is for him. You might enjoy it also. Rick ...224 comments 381 Recs
- Down in Rick Perry's Red Texas, there are still a few Democrats willing to throw a punch and not take any shit from right wing Republicans. Exhibit A: State Senator Rodney Ellis of Houston. Wow: ...210 comments 993 Recs
- Good news from the Air Force Academy. They claim no religious bias: Six months after an Air Force Academy survey that found 20 percent of cadets, faculty and staff experienced religious ...242 comments 454 Recs
- (Photo:183 comments 121 Recs
- In October of 1998, less than a week after he ...247 comments 103 Recs
- NY City parents and ...104 comments 60 Recs
- The empirical evidence below shows just how deeply republican states have damaged this great country. Check it out and let me know what you think: Conservatism is bad for ...264 comments 624 Recs
- (But were afraid you might need to ask.) Understanding events in Japan requires a fairly in depth understanding of the structures that hold the nuclear reactor and associated equipment. Looking at ...214 comments 91 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.