1. Paul Ryan is promoted to be the GOP hit man on House budget talks
2. McConnell announces a new spirit of bipartisanshit, but only if the Democrats come over to his positions. Totally.
3. Boehner demands that ObamaCare be killed before, during and after budget talks.
4. Dan Senor blames a world of systemic polling for Romney's loss.
5. McCain promises to filly buster any Obama nomination for SecState.
6. John Bolton wants an increase in torture and increased use of Gitmo, aimed at Benghazi citizens.
7. Mississippi, Louisiana and South Carolina govs declare they will not follow the Obamacare state requirements. 9 others consider the same path.
8. Reince Priebus announces that he will follow his 11/6/12 unmitigated success with another term as RNC Chairasshole.
FROM THE CHURCH OF INEFFABLE STUPIDITY:
As the last few states finish counting, and as the Democrats appear to sweep all close races for the house, I have to admit to a shift in my emotions.
THE FIVE STAGES OF PASTOR AGNOSTIC:
yes, I was worried. I fretted over Ohio, Florida, and other states, recalling with disdain 2000, 2004, and 2008. While I had faith in 538's numbers and analysis, unless people actually go and vote, and unless those votes get counted (properly), there was a chance of losing. Frankly, as cardboard-ish and shallow Romney was, I could not believe that he managed to poll as high as he did, until friends and relatives exposed their racist hatred of the president. To sum it up, I was afraid.
300+ electoral votes? 322 electoral votes? Are you shitting me? That's effing GRRREAT!
3. Ungracious Gloating.
Yes, I was guilty. Quite Guilty of the Gloat. I tried hard not to rub it in, especially with the closest family members, but I could not help myself. I did delete several of the worst emails before sending them to some TeaBuggered acquaintances, especially those who kept forwarding the worst TeaBuggered chain mails.
What would the GO Pee party do now? Cut out the worst miscreants? After all, the super rich wasted $300,000,000 on Karl Rove. Surely he'd be left out to hang. Reince Priebus oversaw the electoral destruction of the presidential race, fewer GO Pee senators, and a surprisingly large loss in the house! Surely he would be shit canned. And what of the leadership? Cantor, Boehner, McConnell? Surely party members would rebel and promise to change directions. Sure they would. Sure. . . .
Maybe it is simply a negotiating tactic. Maybe they are putting markers down to give themselves room to negotiate. But picking Loser Ryan, whose plans were smacked down by America? He's the best guy to negotiate a budget deal? Keeping McConnell, Boehner, Cantor, AND Priebus? Demanding that Obamacare be tossed before any budget deal?
What the hell is going on?
There was on surprise, a pleasant one. Remember that Wisconsin County clerk who "created" her own system on her personal computer? Who always found thousands of votes for the GOP by surprise/ SHE DID NOT FIND 10,000 extra ballots this time around! Possibly because voting and counting was taken out of her hands.