On this day set aside for giving thanks, I'm sure we all have some things we are thankful for. And I'm sure that before days end people will be posting lists of generally the things for which they are giving thanks.
But since DailyKos is a political blog, and since in this election year we, as progressives, have enjoyed much political success, I thought it would be good to express our [political] Thanks on this day. So I've set this up as sort of an Open Thread to invite all of you to post in the comments, the one or more things you are politically thankful for. No rules, you can repeat what others are thankful for or post something unique. Its up to you. If this takes off (and that's a Big IF), I will review the comment posts as Thanksgiving Day goes on and post any "Thanks" that strike my fancy in diary updates.
Lastly, if your interested, you can jump /\ over the squiggle and see the top 10 things I'm politically thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!
My Top 10 Political Thanks:
1. I'm thankful President Barack Obama has been re-elected. (the Obvious One)
2. I'm thankful we gained seats in the Senate when many of the stupid pundits were predicting early on that we would lose the majority.
3. I'm thankful we gained seats in the House and now only lack majority control by 16 seats instead of 25.
4. I'm thankful we will no longer have to listen to right-wing, bat shit crazys in Congress like Allen West and Joe Walsh spewing hate and vitriol.
5. I'm thankful we will once again be treated to speeches from Alan Grayson on the House floor putting the Republicans in their place.
6. I'm thankful we will have Elizabeth Warren in the Senate (and hopefully on the Banking Committee), a true Progressive voice standing up for the middle class.
7. I'm thankful we are seriously talking about filibuster reform for the upcoming Senate term instead of trusting the Republicans to play fair like we did the last time.
8. I'm thankful for DailyKos Radio and the shrewd insight of David Waldman who brightens my day every morning I am able to listen in.
9. I'm thankful for Nate Silver ("Poblano") who gives us reality-based polling projections we can use to focus our GOTV efforts.
10. Lastly, I'm thankful for all my fellow GOTV volunteers who manned the phones, knocked on doors and did whatever it took to make Election Day 2012 a great success for our side!