It is weird that in this age of information it is often rumors, second hand reports and just faith-base beliefs that often rule the supposedly empirical mind. Rather than seek out a source or two or three for who did what to whom and how hard, we just get lazy and say:"I heard on ____ that so and so broke the agreement, lied to the world, killed a terrorist/freedom fighter or was responsible for some latest mayhem. I like to seek out live or recent TV or radio programs from the immediate area and always try and remember to only believe half of what I see and less than half of what I hear. With that caveat in hand (and in mind) I offer the following link to Jerusalem Online which has an English version report on some of the recent activity in Gaza and Israel. It is probably quite different from Al Jazeera which I have not yet tracked down. Unlike many of my progressive brethren, I do not see Israel as a crypt o-fascist state although I do think some of their leaders tend to be more center-right than in our own country. Link below the squiggle:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by pholkiephred
- I just stumbled upon an article in Salon published today by David Haglund: Did You See This? Ayn Rand on Johnny Carson In it is a two part video uploaded to YouTube by warpicachu of Johnny ...471 comments 446 Recs
- This morning, my husband mentioned that he'd heard a discussion that included some conjecture on the possibility that Netanyahu's diatribe against a nuclear nonproliferation deal with Iran might ...683 comments 871 Recs
- Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...73 comments 133 Recs
- Charlie Crist, Democratic candidate for ...72 comments 97 Recs
- I've been away from Daily Kos for most of the weekend, so I haven't had any time to comment on the big news coming out of Texas on Friday evening. As a criminal defense lawyer here in Texas, I ...207 comments 196 Recs
- In the famous words of Jackie Gleason , "How sweet it is." The chairman of the MFCR (Mississippi Federation of College Republicans), Evan Alvarez, has opted not only to leave his position as ...415 comments 412 Recs
- At this point, you'd be hard-pressed to argue that Rick Scott's massive negative ad campaign targeting Charlie Crist hasn't had an impact. Scott has dumped an astounding $13 million on to the ...32 comments 13 Recs
- ...5 comments 14 Recs
- Click to embiggen Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...74 comments 144 Recs
- Whatever you have saved ... it isn't enough.309 comments 281 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.