|Click to listen to PODCAST
Call In, talk and/or Listen: (646) 929-2495
President Obama and John Boehner are at an impasse on the Fiscal Cliff negotiations. It seems like congressional Republicans are in the mood to defy Americans one more time.
While it is true that Republicans retained the house, it should be noted that they lost 8 seats and the popular vote. In other words, inasmuch as there are 33 more Republicans in the House than Democrats, more people actually voted for Democrats. Absent gerrymandering, the house would have switched. The Senate became more Democratic as well.
This was a decidedly left of center election throughout the country with several states legalizing marijuana and either supporting same sex marriage or defeating attempts to make it illegal. One would think that John Boehner would approach negotiations giving those realities with humility with the realization that the majority of the country is with the President.
Let us talk about how we can best influence action to ensure the irresponsible behavior of the House does not damage the working middle class. How should we exert our will on these politicians that are in fact our servants? Call the show let’s talk about it.
Following are a list of my blogs that will be probative.
Please call me at (646)929-2495 let us discuss these issues. I want to hear and discuss ALL points of views.
Listen And Chat Here at your computer or smartphone
Join My Coffee Party Group
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Egberto Willies
- 358 comments 389 Recs
- Cartoon decrying the Hamburg massacre of July 1876 As people raise a hue and cry, for a media minute, about yet another police murder of an unarmed black man—this time Walter Scott ...298 comments 239 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...580 comments 762 Recs
- The Texas Progressive Alliance hopes that our state can learn the lesson of the Indiana debacle as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff compared Greg Abbott's performance in heavily ...2 comments 7 Recs
- Before we go any further, I feel a confession is in order: my name is ...152 comments 121 Recs
- "You saw those cars coming, and you knew who those men were. They wanted you to see them. They wanted you to be afraid of them." - Lillie McKoy, former mayor of Maxton talking about the ...501 comments 1187 Recs
- Before I begin, I just want to point you to *Egberto Willies*' diary on the Texas Kos meet-up held in Austin on Saturday, ...43 comments 125 Recs
- http://www.dailykos.com/blog/San%20Antonio%20Kos If you are in San Antonio and want to join a our group please do. I am going to need alot of help as I am mad busy with the grand daughter. But blue ...25 comments 47 Recs
- We only have a little over a week until our epic Texas Kos statewide meet-up! And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty pumped. We'll be meeting in Austin on Saturday, February 28 for a packed ...45 comments 44 Recs
- The Texas Progressive Alliance sends warm thoughts to everyone in the Northeast digging themselves out from snow again as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff reports on opposition to ...6 comments 12 Recs