- Today's comic is Twinkies ad: Captain Industry vs. Union-Man by Ruben Bolling:
- Congratulations to the state of Washington, which is now officially allowing gays and lesbians to undermine the sanctity of Newt Gingrich's three marriages.
- President Barack Obama:
There we go. My tweet has been posted. That's what I'm talking about.
- Um ... no. Just no:
Being a teacher must be hard. How do you get students invested in learning about important historical events like the history of the African slave trade? One teacher at a girls' school in London had an idea: ask kids to create a business plan for enslaving Africans without being wasteful.
- The gay agenda marches on:
The Mexican Supreme Court ruled yesterday against a local ordinance in the state of Oaxaca that banned gay marriage. Legal observers are saying that this could lead to the recognition of gay marriages nationwide, as couples in other states sue under the new Supreme Court ruling.
Right after Thanksgiving, the Office of Student Life at Harvard University approved a handful of new clubs including the Harvard College Comics Club, the Harvard Undergraduate Mathematics Association, the Harvard Undergraduate Maternal Health Initiative, and Harvard College Munch, a group of about 30 students who meet for lunch or dinner to discuss issues and topics relating to kinky sex.
- Does this mean Queen Elizabeth needs to bust out the long-form birth certificate?
Is Queen Elizabeth II the legitimate monarch of the United Kingdom? In an article published on Thursday, Iran's state television station questions the queen's right to the throne.
"The monarchy is believed to be an outdated institution in the modern world that moves towards democracy, because the Queen cannot be held to account at the ballot box and there is nothing to stop her abusing her power because under Britain’s law, civil and criminal proceedings cannot be taken against the Queen," Press TV notes.
- Save the Date: Gov. Howard Dean will be joining us for a G+ Hangout on the front page of Daily Kos at 1:15 ET, Friday. He and Joan McCarter will be talking fiscal
cliffcurb and protecting Medicare.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin was on hand to discuss "Fiscal Thingy" kabuki theater, the realpolitik of internal caucus dynamics, and why there's "lag time" before electeds finally line up with public opinion. Armando joined in for a debt ceiling debate, asking whether Congress really should retain its role. Also: Santorum outlobbies Dole; Foxx's freakout; Rand Paul doesn't know his state's biggest biz, and still more on filibuster reform.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12390)
- Black Kos (3687)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41460)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3398)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14335)
- Planned Parenthood (2907)
- Rape (4488)
- Sarah Palin (15991)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1580)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5530)
- Women (5790)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.