So, I'm sitting in my usual spot at the coffee shop (furthest corner from the entrance in the big, comfy chair that looks like it came straight from an Austin Powers movie set)deeeeep in red, right-wing whacko land, enjoying the comings and goings of the Fox newsified zombies wearing their long and sagging faces ever since election day (aka the day that my faith in our great nation was reaffirmed), and it occurred to me that this 'thousand years of darkness' stuff that we just entered is not so bad. Or maybe our anti-Christ, Muslim, socialist, communist, class warfare waging, same sex marriage approving, angry black man President hasn't sprung his evil trap just yet. I can just hear it now. Barry behind his desk in the oval office doing his best Vincent Price evil laugh impersonation (the guy laughing at the end of Micheal Jackson's 'Thriller') as he announces to the nation that.... diversity is good; it's actually okay to love one another; the ends of obtaining vast amounts of wealth are NOT justified by the unscrupulous means of destroying the working class and chicken-hawking unnecessary wars.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by DCinBushville
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...62 comments 257 Recs
- It never ceases to amaze me the amount of (sexual) trouble that anti-gay lawmakers get themselves into. And, now we have a virulently anti-gay lawmaker in Texas allegedly stalking an Oklahoma ...42 comments 46 Recs
- Last week in Texas, a Republican lawmaker proposed an amendment so outrageous, that even some of his own GOP colleagues were repulsed. ...553 comments 368 Recs
- (photo credit: See Li ) From Reuters : (Reuters) - Nigeria's army has rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a military ...28 comments 148 Recs
- Duke University scientists have potentially discovered new avenues ...197 comments 358 Recs
- Chris Rock fitting the description of a known fugitive—black professor guy Chris Rock is a very well-known public figure. He is a wealthy man. He drives an expensive car. None of these things are ...172 comments 293 Recs
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) Sen. Tom ...149 comments 98 Recs
- American Bison This past October, Wild Bison were reintroduced onto the prairies, east of the Mississippi. It was the first time these prairies have seen ...98 comments 162 Recs
- Earlier today, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments ...180 comments 118 Recs
- This New theory suggests the Big Bang never occurred Instead, the Universe has simply been going forever. A new quantum equation suggests that the Universe has no beginning or end, and it could also ...91 comments 25 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.