My Facebook page is now filled with declarations of fealty to various aspects of a Germanic Warrior society: Guns, God & Country, interspersed with a pornographer’s
detailed attention towards a young, attractive dead teacher who is called a hero, but in truth is an object of misguided, perverse and nation-wide sexual attraction. This is the reality of the murders in Newtown Connecticut; the blame game begins amid the secret, rhythmic worship of the dead.
There is no time to review the sickness of America, but we all know what it is even if we don’t acknowledge it.
• We are the American Taliban with our Jihad of Christianity and its inherent desire to crush all opposition.
• We are the ignorant masses pushed and prodded by the extremist fringes of the NRA to look at the 2nd Amendment and, just like in Orwell’s 1984, we see the complete sentence, but, in a neat bit of double-think only acknowledge the portion that fits the needs of the moment.
• We are the avatar’s of an America where the dominant class feels entitled to everything and those they deem as unworthy, because of skin color, gender or any other aspect of their own design, are designated as the soldiers in the war of the classes.
• We are those soldiers because of our pathetic need to find a way into this stratified mess of warriordom never acknowledging that we’ll never be accepted into its sacred halls; only used.
• And once again, we are the products and enablers of a Germanic Warrior society that says, yes children have been killed, but we have to protect our God-given rights to assault weapons, our fiery-sworded version of Christ the Redeemer and our war on anyone who says we can’t do as we want.
So, for what it’s worth, here is what I feel: you killed those children and teachers and so did I. We enabled our society to veer towards the continued admiration and emulation of the worst parts of the warrior-class. We are the enablers of death and destruction. We are America.