You can sign the petition here:I cannot escape the images of those children in Newtown.
I look at the pictures of their beautiful, innocent faces and think of my grandchildren -- and I know I'm not alone.
But here's the difference: With your support, I can vote to change these senseless laws and their half-hearted enforcement. With your help, I can speak out for the millions of Americans who share my grief for these tiny victims and my anger for those who sell military assault weapons with no sense of responsibility for the havoc they cause.
It is time for our voices to be heard. It is time we demand changes in gun laws that will make our schools and our streets safer.
Please stand with me to build a widespread network of grassroots support by signing on as a member of Committed Majority for Sensible Gun Laws.
Click here to sign our petition at CommittedMajority.com: Call on Congress to institute reasonable limits on firearms now.
There is much more we can and must do, together:
Bar those with a history of mental instability or violent crime from owning weapons;
Outlaw the sale of certain weapons that are strictly for military use and have no useful purpose in sport, hunting, or self defense;
Ban magazine clips with more than ten rounds from civilian use;
Restrict the number of firearms a single person can buy in a month;
Require firearms within the reach of children to have protective locks.
Let's build a sensible and committed majority of Americans who are willing to stand up and speak out for reasonable limits on firearms.
For the good of our nation and for the safety of our families and children, we have to come together and speak with one, determined voice.
Please, sign our petition to Congress today at CommittedMajority.com.
Thank you. Hug your kids, and say a prayer for those whose lives were touched by this tragedy.
And together, let's commit ourselves to making sure it never happens again.
P.S. After you've signed our petition at CommittedMajority.com, will you forward this email to three friends, and ask them to sign it too? We're going to need all the help we can get to build public support for sensible gun control.
Received an email today from Senator Dick Durbin (D. IL) with a petition calling for stronger gun control. Figure I would pass it on to all of you:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.