The poor and middle-class cannot afford cuts to their benefits so the wealthy can keep their tax loopholes.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by NCPSSM
- God save Social Security from its friends. Because they don't understand the harm that they are proposing in putting forth 'progressive' 'fixes' to Social Security 'crisis'. In 1999 a couple of ...16 comments 21 Recs
- The GOP says Social Security and Medicare are irretrievably broken with the private sector the only cure. The Social Security Chief Actuary calls the 75 -year vesting situation "challenging." There ...22 comments 26 Recs
- The "visionaries": Speaker John Boehner, Rep. Paul Ryan, Rep. Jeb Hensarling, Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters) The House Republicans made their ...89 comments 56 Recs
- Mitt Romney. Liar. (Jim Young/Reuters) Mitt Romney's latest line of attack against President Obama over Medicare and the Affordable Care Act is so full of contradictions and lies, it would be ...35 comments 25 Recs
- How do I know that President Obama (D) is soon going to attempt to force cuts to social security and/or medicare? He has told us so, albeit in oblique ways. During his State of the Union Speech, ...110 comments 36 Recs
- I want to alert you to a very important issue which needs your immediate response. As we speak, members of the so-called “Super Committee” are proposing a plan that would call for major cuts in ...173 comments 449 Recs
- 99 comments 31 Recs
- Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee asked Social Security Chief Actuary Stephen C. Goss to evaluate Social Security reform proposals that have been suggested and might be under ...44 comments 37 Recs
- As the nation anticipates the recommendations of the congressional supercommittee charged with negotiating a long-term solution for the federal budget, millions of seniors are worried about ...2 comments 4 Recs
- As further cuts to the budget are being proposed, the idea of raising the age of eligibility for Medicare from 65 to 67 is being discussed in such a way as to seem inevitable, despite studies that ...88 comments 243 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.