1) McCain wants Hagel to confess: McCain rules, Hagel drools.
2) As a corollary, signing on to The Surge was the single towering achievement of McCain's career - according to McCain.
3) To be in the Republican mainstream, one must swear fealty to Israel that supersedes loyalty to New York or New Jersey, revere our nuclear arsenal as sacrosanct, and forswear diplomacy entirely.
4) Unlike Hagel, Calgary Cruz IS Senator of Israel.
5) Republicans are really, truly obsessed with Israel.
6) Saxby Chambliss is a RINO?
7) Israel, Israel, Israel. Israel? ISRAEL!
Much of the commentary about Hagel's performance has centered on his perceived unpreparedness or lackluster performance. In my view, he played a rope-a-dope strategy that succeeded in demonstrating just how far off the rails this chicken hawk wing of the GOP really is, and how they must never be trusted to run our foreign policy. Anyways, we all know damn well that these hearings are pure theater that will hardly influence a single vote, no matter how commanding the defendant's performance.
Also, McCain is an asshole.