Here's the link to donate to Markey's campaign:Today’s a big day for progressives like us -- because it’s our chance to help Ed Markey get his Senate campaign off to a big start.
If you want real action on climate change, Ed’s your guy -- he led the way in the House. If you care about net neutrality, Ed’s an invaluable ally -- he’s been a longtime champion for fair competition and consumer rights. And if you want someone who’s going to roll up his sleeves and get to work helping to rebuild our middle class, Ed’s a dedicated progressive worth fighting for.So let’s show Ed that we’re with him by helping him raise the $500,000 he needs in February. Click here to make your contribution:
Ed’s a Massachusetts guy through and through -- and not just because of his Boston accent and his die-hard allegiance to the Red Sox.
He’s also got the same kind of progressive spirit that made Ted Kennedy and John Kerry such great fighters for change -- the same spirit that makes Elizabeth Warren great.But if we don’t get Ed’s back in this special election, Republicans could try to swipe this seat -- canceling out Elizabeth’s vote in the Senate and making it harder for President Obama to get things done.
That would be bad. Really bad. So click here and help Ed get off to a running start:
He needs to raise $500,000 in February -- could some of it come from you?
It feels good to be a progressive right now. We won big in 2012. We’ve got big plans for 2013. But if we want the good feelings to continue, we’ve got a big job ahead of us in the next few months.So let’s make today a big day for Ed Markey. Click here to make a contribution:
P.S.: In his native Malden, Massachusetts, Ed’s name is pronounced “Mahhhkey.” The rest of us actually pronounce the “r.” But however you say his name, help me support his campaign: Click here, give generously, and let’s help Ed Markey win!
Received a fundraising e-mail from Senator Al Franken (D. MN) who is raising money for Progressive Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA) who is running for Senate in the Massachusetts Special Election to replace outgoing Senator and current Secretary of State, John Kerry. Markey is going up against Conservative Democratic Congressman Stephen Lynch in the primary:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Aquarius40, artebella, abs0628, AnotherMassachusettsLiberal, TomP, JamieG from Md, jarbyus, Polly Syllabic, cordgrass, sharonsz, Mike08, RLMiller, peptabysmal, ShoshannaD, northerntier
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...130 comments 210 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 70 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 15 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 112 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...831 comments 157 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...374 comments 145 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...333 comments 332 Recs
- No current results.