There's been a lot of talk about Robert Gibbs and David Axelrod joining MSNBC as political analysts --- because they might be too pro-Obama. All I can is, "Big frigging deal."
All last year we saw a slew of Republican candidates being constantly paraded and bandied about on Fox News. Tell me they weren't too pro-Romney. I didn't see those guys on MSNBC very often, even though they were invited. At least Obama had the gonads to go on Bill O'Reilly's show.
And Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell certainly don't need any help as a counter-balance to the propaganda that Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity puts out there. And Rachel Maddow can take them both on at once, with both hands tied behind her back.
Sean Hannity spent 90% of his air time bad-mouthing Obama for the past four years. It's getting real old. I'd like to see him talk about something else, like his and Bill O'Reilly's mansions on the beach.
Fox News (especially Bill O'Reilly) likes to brag that they are the number one watched "cable news show" (which they are); but what they don't tell you is, when compared to "all TV news shows" (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc.), collectively speaking, most people get their news from OTHER news sources --- meaning, OTHER than Fox News...including MSNBC.
It's all in how you read the numbers in the polls. The last time I checked, Fox News only received about 30% of the market share (of all news programming), and the remaining "mainstream" stations received the other 70% (collectively). For example, if there was another far-right "cable news show" like Fox News ("news" being an oxymoron), it could compete with Fox and Fox could loss some of its ratings.
As an aside: the term "kool-aid" is the much over-used terminology that Bill O'Reilly likes to use when referring to "far left-wing loons" (Progressive Democrats) --- although we know he really means "kool-aid" as it refers to Jim Jones and the mass suicides Guyana. But I don't plan on taking my life while watching MSNBC.
Also, just so that all of you get your "facts" correct, Bill O'Reilly likes to espouse the "far left" to imply Socialism when referring to MSNBC; whereas they are not --- MSNBC is "progressive" --- meaning, their views are more closely affiliated to the ideologies of Theodore Roosevelt (a Republican) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (a Democrat).
And both U.S. Presidents were good and patriotic American leaders, unlike Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and that other multi-millionaire....what was his name? Oh yeah, Glenn Beck.
But if you really wanted to take the argument against MSNBC a step further, when people like MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell or their frequent guest, Vermont's Senator Bernie Sanders, claim to be Socialists, they're not articulating the wishes of Joseph Stalin and genocide. Fox News uses that as a scare tactic (much like Joe McCarthy did in the 1950's with the Communism).
Lawrence and Bernie just believe in the rights of the American workers; and that taxation (ever since our Founding Fathers first imposed taxes) is just another way of describing "the redistribution the wealth" --- so that the "government" (that's us, you and me) can properly care for the wants and needs of ALL the people, and not just those with the most. Is that so "evil"?
And as another aside: the Tea Party members today are just "Dixiecrats" reincarnated.... people from Southern states who used to align themselves with the Democrats in the 1940s --- the people who still have a "states rights" (anti-government) mentality --- they are a leftover from the days of a bygone era when they used to depend on slavery and owned cotton plantations. These are the people on Fox News.
You can always find a Tea Party fanatic on Fox News, reverberating the same old talking points that everyone else on the right spews...and not a one of them ever has an original, intelligent or thoughtful idea to convey...Bozos all.
I used to be a Republican and I've watched Fox News every day for the past 10 years...so I know something on which to base my opinions. I don't ONLY watch Jon Stewart or the Colbert Report.
Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity have a psychological condition known as "transference" and "projection" -- and accuses others for what they themselves (Republicans) should be blamed for (such as the national debt when George W. Bush was in office. They both have "debt attention disorder").
If you want to watch something that's so-called "mainstream", watch CNN --- but even their reporting on business and the economy is just a little too far right for my blood.
Why does CNN always have on that clown Stephen Moore? I'd much rather hear from Paul Krugman, Jared Bernstein or Robert Reich...and now, Robert Gibbs and David Axelrod.
They're not necessarily pro-Obama, but just like Obama, they are pro-people.
And as far as Kool-Aid...tell me Bill, who's really drinking the Kool-Aid; and what's that in the brown paper bag?