- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The B.S. approach:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- Republican Sen. Sessions has a 'better message' for screwing over welfare recipients, by Laura Clawson
- The Church, humility, and an upcoming war for relevance, by Hunter
- Good teachers forced out of the classroom by bad policy, by Laura Clawson
- About that massive cover-up, by Jon Perr
- 2012 candidates versus the expectations game, by David Jarman
- The crazy never stops:
Pratt predicted that President Obama may begin confiscating guns in order to provoke a violent response to justify further oppression, which host Stan Solomon feared would lead to the imprisonment of hundreds of thousands of people. Pratt once again insisted that Obama is acting like King George III, a sentiment with which Solomon concurred, saying, “That will happen quickly and they will wipe those people out to set an example.” But Solomon wasn’t finished: “I believe they will put together a racial force to go against an opposite race resistance, basically a black force to go against a white resistance, and then they will claim anyone resisting the black force they are doing it because they are racist.” Howard agreed: “You may be right because he has been sowing the seeds of racial hatred; we were healing quite well as a nation on racial issues until Obama came along and now we have a lot of racial discord.”
Montana’s House of Representatives passed a bill last week that would permit people to salvage meat from game animals killed in traffic accidents.
Representative Steve Lavin (R-Kalispell) is the primary sponsor of House Bill 247, better known as the Roadkill Bill.
That sounds delish and super safe! Some pussy Democrat got all whiny about health concerns, but super-genius Steve smacked that down hard:
Representative Jennifer Pomnichowski (D-Bozeman) spoke out against the bill before the Committee and the House, citing health concerns.Totes agree, Steve! Lettuce is goddamn treacherous, but animals found on the side of the road are good eating for sure!
“I understand the problem,” Pomnichowski said before the House. “I don’t like wasting and I really hate seeing the animals on the side of the road but I think I would hate even more for someone to be picking up the animals and eating the roadkill.”
But Lavin thinks health is a pretty easy issue to settle.
“People can look,” he said. “You can look at an animal and see whether it’s good or not. It’s pretty simple. I think you have a higher chance of finding E. coli in lettuce than having issues with this meat as long as you use your common sense.”
- Watch your TSA at work: Reducing a 3-year old to tears and threatening her mother with a non-existent law.
- From the are-you-freaking-kidding-me files:
Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind hosted a massive Purim party at his home yesterday that featured over fourteen hours of food and drink and, as is customary on the Jewish holiday, elaborate costumes. Mr. Hikind said a professional makeup artist came to his home to transform him into a “basketball player” with a costume that consisted of an afro wig, sunglasses, an orange jersey and brown face paint.
“I was just, I think, I was trying to emulate, you know, maybe some of these basketball players. Someone gave me a uniform, someone gave me the hair of the actual, you know, sort of a black basketball player,” Mr. Hikind explained. “It was just a lot of fun. Everybody just had a very, very good time and every year I do something else. … The fun for me is when people come in and don’t recognize me.”
- Today's edition of random dickishness:
- I will need to see this to believe it:
It may have happened in Spider Man 2, but that was just the movies. But now three University of Leicester physics students have calculated that a single spider web, if anchored properly, could halt a four-car New York City subway train traveling at full speed.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, we talked to Greg Dworkin about the looming sequester, and the launch of United Physicians of Newtown. Also: a post on elastic English, warped by Republicans, from jurassicpork, and surprising hard data on gun usage by CCW permit holders in Minnesota. More states should do this!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...47 comments 186 Recs
- FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...123 comments 560 Recs
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 272 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.