- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is American Idle:
- You can soon live in IKEA, pre-assembled.
- Sequester could compromise reliable weather forecasts.
- Racist demagogue Pat Buchanan schools know-nothing Jennifer Rubin on Iran. Buchanan says Iran is not a threat to the United States any more than was Iraq, which is now "cozying up to Iran:
And the cost of that war to strip Iraq of weapons it did not have? Four thousand five hundred American dead, 35,000 wounded, $1 trillion and 100,000 Iraqi dead. Half a million widows and orphans. A centuries-old Christian community ravaged. And, yes, an Iraq tilting to Iran and descending into sectarian, civil and ethnic war. A disaster of epochal proportions.
But that disaster was not the doing of Barack Obama, but of people of the same semi-hysterical mindset as Ms. Rubin.
- What if Nate Silver assessed your failing relationship?.
- Despite everything, there are still elected "birthers" roaming at large in Michigan:
State Sen. Tom Casperson, R-Escanaba, was on Michael Patrick Shiels’ Lansing radio program today and had some fun and interesting things to say about where President Obama was born. [...]
“I don’t know because it seems like that issue was dropped immediately as far as the major media went,” Casperson said. “My gut tells me if it had been a different president, say George W. Bush, they’d have been digging into like there was no tomorrow and trying to get to the bottom of, which they never really tried to get to the bottom of.”
- Yale Law School is claiming Batman as an alum.
- Highlights of a recently concluded, fascinating press conference on the proposed Mars fly-by mission leaked last week have been posted here at the Space Frontier Foundation. I'm told the press conference video is being archived and may be available in the next day or two on several websites. -- DS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined me in congratulating Tom Tomorrow on winning the Herblock Prize! Then, on to the sequester, explaining the role of the filibuster in hiding R disarray. Also: the latest in #GunFAIL, the logic knot of Stand Your Ground, and how Asheville authorities coddled their gun protesters, but bashed Occupy.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- By Christine Gutierrez-Boswell It has been awhile since I have authored a column here. Fortunately, the news never gets less interesting, and unfortunately gets worse for women. The top news ...95 comments 25 Recs
- Rick Scott sucks. Most of the Florida legislators suck. They suck for many reasons, not the least of which is trying to make it illegal for gay people to adopt children. The stupid law that was ...8 comments 31 Recs
- At an iconoclastic level of understanding, burning an politically invalid piece of cloth seems slightly pyromaniac, and even reactionary or provocative, and as art perhaps slightly more creative, ...23 comments 24 Recs
- Joined on 24 May 2005, soon after the closing of Billmon's Whyskey Bar and found myself orphaned and in need of somewhere else suitably progressive. Haven't been much of a diary writer, but I ...8 comments 12 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...113 comments 32 Recs
- Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...274 comments 131 Recs
- Years ago, when my career depended on my being so much better at what I did than were the men I worked with, and my willingness to work twice as hard for 60.2 percent ...45 comments 65 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12390)
- Afghanistan (11508)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25033)
- Community (91232)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2398)
- Economy (56233)
- eKos (12467)
- Environment (46218)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15074)
- Jobs (12469)
- Labor (28651)
- Libya (4270)