- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is American Idle:
- You can soon live in IKEA, pre-assembled.
- Sequester could compromise reliable weather forecasts.
- Racist demagogue Pat Buchanan schools know-nothing Jennifer Rubin on Iran. Buchanan says Iran is not a threat to the United States any more than was Iraq, which is now "cozying up to Iran:
And the cost of that war to strip Iraq of weapons it did not have? Four thousand five hundred American dead, 35,000 wounded, $1 trillion and 100,000 Iraqi dead. Half a million widows and orphans. A centuries-old Christian community ravaged. And, yes, an Iraq tilting to Iran and descending into sectarian, civil and ethnic war. A disaster of epochal proportions.
But that disaster was not the doing of Barack Obama, but of people of the same semi-hysterical mindset as Ms. Rubin.
- What if Nate Silver assessed your failing relationship?.
- Despite everything, there are still elected "birthers" roaming at large in Michigan:
State Sen. Tom Casperson, R-Escanaba, was on Michael Patrick Shiels’ Lansing radio program today and had some fun and interesting things to say about where President Obama was born. [...]
“I don’t know because it seems like that issue was dropped immediately as far as the major media went,” Casperson said. “My gut tells me if it had been a different president, say George W. Bush, they’d have been digging into like there was no tomorrow and trying to get to the bottom of, which they never really tried to get to the bottom of.”
- Yale Law School is claiming Batman as an alum.
- Highlights of a recently concluded, fascinating press conference on the proposed Mars fly-by mission leaked last week have been posted here at the Space Frontier Foundation. I'm told the press conference video is being archived and may be available in the next day or two on several websites. -- DS
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin joined me in congratulating Tom Tomorrow on winning the Herblock Prize! Then, on to the sequester, explaining the role of the filibuster in hiding R disarray. Also: the latest in #GunFAIL, the logic knot of Stand Your Ground, and how Asheville authorities coddled their gun protesters, but bashed Occupy.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Meteor Blades
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...40 comments 25 Recs
- As the Bonn Climate Talks launched today, France's foreign minister Laurent Fabius urged that any climate agreement agreed to in Paris this December must be worded in a manner which does not ...11 comments 24 Recs
- Among other threats to his ex-wife, Anthony Douglas Elonis posted this on his Facebook wall: If I only knew then what I know now, I would have smothered your ass with a pillow, dumped your body ...202 comments 100 Recs
- See a pattern here? Do or say something that's batshit crazily offensive, like refusing to serve pizza to a gay couple, then complain when the not-insane world says nasty things about you and ...49 comments 103 Recs
- Samantha Elauf, denied a sales job at an ...159 comments 65 Recs
- The hero of Fox News speaks ...86 comments 81 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...14 comments 6 Recs
- Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Last fall, as he campaigned for re-election as governor of ...48 comments 49 Recs
- This last Saturday, May 30th a special group of people got together once again to eat, drink and share. As usual it was relaxing, fun and informative. Here are a couple of pictures of one end of ...19 comments 25 Recs
- ALL HANDS ON DECK. This is not a drill. The vote in the House of Representatives on fast track trade authority, preapproving the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) before the public finds out what is ...4 comments 15 Recs
Meteor Blades's Tags
- Abortion (12450)
- Afghanistan (11513)
- Anti-War (1998)
- Antiwar (383)
- Bill Moyer (12)
- Climate Change (25223)
- Community (91599)
- Cranky Users (302)
- Daily Kos Photo Cooperative (16)
- DK4 (1686)
- Ecology (2400)
- Economy (56336)
- eKos (12471)
- Environment (46424)
- FNN&V (20)
- Gulf Watchers (1196)
- International (15212)
- Jobs (12499)
- Labor (28782)
- Libya (4270)