I received an email from Sen. John McCain asking for donations, of course, but also asking that I take the time to fill out a survey.
I'm not really good on methodology, I think all I know I picked up here and ... well here, so I can not say with any surety that the questions as they are used in the survey suck - and yet I will.
The questions are below the fold. I strongly urge you to take the time to fill out the survey because Sen McCain says:
"I am not in Washington for myself - I am here to serve the great people of Arizona and our nation."(emphasis mine)
As we, for the most part, tend to be a part of the nation that he serves we should represent ourselves in his survey so that he can get a more accurate, maybe closer to 'fair and balanced' survey results than he might if we did not participate.
As Richard Dawson said "Survey says" ... below the fold.
First Name: Last Name:
Address: Address 2:
Zip Code: Email Address:
1. In general do you think our nation is headed in the right direction?
2. Do you approve of the job Congress and the President did in 2012?
3. Do you believe President Obama has been effective in leading our nation?
4. National security is key to keeping our nation safe. Does news of national security leaks trouble you?
5. Which of the following will help our nation overcome the economic crisis?
Allowing the Obama Administration to continue to enact their economic policies
Reducing taxes and the size of our government
Supporting legislation that will create more American jobs and stimulate the economy
Creating affordable energy options
6. The federal deficit has grown to over $16 trillion and continues to grow. Who do you believe is most responsible for the expanding deficit?
7. How would you describe your political ideology?
Independent Voter who leans Republican
Tea Party Member
8. What is the number one source you receive most of your political news and information from?
9. What do you think is the most important issue Republicans should focus on in the 113th Congress?
Reducing the federal deficit
The War on Terror
Securing our borders against illegal immigration
Reforming our educational system
Reforming the tax code