I just started working at a major pork producer in North Carolina and i ve never had a job like this!! I'm not afraid of hard work and it is very hard but what galls me is the the way the factory management treats the workers .Every rule seems to be geared towards "these workers are lazy and stupid and we need to force them in to doing the right thing with out unflinching compromise or they will destroy this company mindset." Working as a meat cutter on the assembly line is not for the faint of heart but the pay is ok at 10/hr with health care and i do love meeting all the different people...the work force is made up of mostly Hispanics with a nice percentage of Haitians and they all work their asses off with out complaint and it is so nice to watch and work with them, it reminds me it was these same folks that came here on ships centuries ago that made our nation a great nation!! I just wish I had the skills to help organize these folks but i am a no body .If anyone has suggestions as to how to get a union started im all ears!!!!!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
norwood, BlackSheep1, Major Kong, chimene, 207wickedgood, Mike08, Sunspots, Mentatmark, Azazello, Horace Boothroyd III, JayRaye
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by lightarty
- I've received permission to publish in full the following statement. Wings, a self-taught silversmith and professional photographer, is an enrolled member of Taos Pueblo, the People of the Red ...67 comments 246 Recs
- 16 comments 22 Recs
- On June 10, 2013, Iraq war veteran Daniel Somers took his own life. He was 30 years old. Daniel suffered from PTSD, traumatic brain injury and other combat-related injuries. His family has ...29 comments 101 Recs
- Today's source material: I hit the substance of Racist Uncle Pat's column yesterday , but here's a taste: The ...230 comments 73 Recs
- Many people look for more power, more of a voice and more protections at their workplace. Often, they contemplate the possibility of forming a union. Yet, for most, the idea of starting one either ...34 comments 45 Recs
- Excuse me a moment of pride, but I'm really proud of you guys. Last week was a tough one for the Edwards clan, and ultimately led Elizabeth Edwards to ...782 comments 1452 Recs
- This week's source material from the National Review: Below the fold, we'll find out whether Republicans have given up their war on women. The answer won't surprise you.217 comments 102 Recs
- One of my favorite comedy routines has always been Bill Cosby's stand-up performance "Bill Cosby: Himself". It is the routine that spawned the Cosby Show. One of my fovorite excerpts from it was ...39 comments 9 Recs
- This my first diary and post on Daily Kos, so I thought I should write about how I got interested into politics and how over the last few years my politics went from being a moderate Democrat to ...9 comments 15 Recs
- Nobody else that I know of has diaried this, so, hell, I'll do it. It started out as a simple comment, so I'll try to keep this simple. Stick a fork in it. THIS IS YOUR PROOF that the Republican ...42 comments 105 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.