ORLANDO, FL—Saying they were working diligently to address the problem, Walt Disney World officials acknowledged Wednesday that several dozen unauthorized characters, none of which have ever appeared in a Disney film or cartoon, had been found in recent weeks wandering throughout the theme park.
Company sources confirmed that at least 60 separate individuals in costumes, including various woodland creatures, several fairies, and what officials described as a walrus in a lab coat, have been spotted greeting visitors, hugging children, posing for pictures, and meandering into daily parades alongside sanctioned Disney characters.
While security reportedly kicks out an average of 20 unauthorized characters each day from the theme park and Disney Family Breakfasts at onsite hotel properties, sources stated that nearly all return to the premises. Disney workers claimed that some reenter park property within just hours of their expulsion, citing in particular a muskrat named King Stumpy as well as a boisterous prospector character calling himself Grandpappy Gizzards, who has been forcibly removed from Frontierland every day since mid-February.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Stripe, JDWolverton, Lujane, Troubadour, JamieG from Md, WakeUpNeo, commonmass, ciganka, annieli, Margd, arizonablue, broths, Alhambra
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by dov12348
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT) is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos. It is a way for our community to pay respect to those who have died as a result of war. The beautiful logo was ...31 comments 38 Recs
- I asked for help from this community about a year ago http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/09/1268469/-I-m-in-need-of-a-loan I had every intention to pay everyone back,but it didn't happen as ...21 comments 10 Recs
- I realize that this is the 3rd diary I've posted tonight, but this one is kind of important to me on a personal level. I'm one of those who tore Luis Lang apart in the first place, so it behooves me ...60 comments 340 Recs
- So the latest chapter in the sad, strange arc of my career has come to a close. I was laid off from my (temporary) tax position with New York State yesterday, after 4 months. It was a pretty ...57 comments 73 Recs
- Precinct Organizing Support Sought My county's Precinct Organizing Committee is planning a "train the trainers" session in July. I'm working with a couple of folks to track down good hands-on ...35 comments 12 Recs
- This will not be well received by some at all. I am standing up for we liberals who are stuck with Rick Scott and Republican legislators. In all of the years I have been here I have never said ...459 comments 200 Recs
- Carly Fiorina Carly Fiorina hoped ...89 comments 52 Recs
- or liberty, or the flag. I didn't serve for the reasons people think of when they tell me, "Thanks for your service." I knew that this war was not about any of that stuff. I served for 365 days ...187 comments 342 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.