- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! Voting is now underway in the 2013 Daily Kos Republican March to Madness Freakshow Four. In the first matchup we've got Rush Limbaugh vs. Michele Bachmann (vote here) and in the second matchup we've got Rick Santorum vs. Dick Cheney (vote here). Don't forget to help crown the poster-child of Republican craziness! - Jed
- The late great Roger Ebert's list of the 10 greatest films of all time.
- This weekend I sat down, as my father and grandfather did before me, and shined my shoes. Shoe shining is becoming a lost art. If you don't shine, you are by definition dull. You will find important items like a good horsehair brush, buffing rags, and several shades of Kiwi at your local store. But you may not find a proper shine box. Here's how to make one.
- The FBI is investigating the Rutgers Men's Basketball coaching staff. Because really, the Justice Department can only investigate things when they are convinced a crime has been committed and a sufficient case can be brought to win a conviction. Limited resources, yadda yadda yadda.
- Meanwhile, JP Morgan's Board of Directors is trying to convince its shareholders not to fire Jamie Dimon as Chairman. Yep, you heard me...the directors are telling the shareholders to keep a guy who just blew $6.2 billion. Justice Department? "Nothing to see here. Move along."
- Naked Capitalism absolutely dismantles Obama's infamous Hamilton Project speech. I don't take that speech as seriously as they do in explaining Obama's deficit fixation. Seemed to me like fairly typical Democratic Party centrist/DLC/Third Way pablum before Democrats swept the 2006 election.
- The three biggest economic boosters that have passed under the Obama Administration were 1. The Making Work Pay Tax Credit ($116 Billion), 2. Recovery Act infrastructure investments ($118 Billion), and the auto bailout + cash for clunkers ($28 Billion). As of today none of these programs are in effect or have any chance of being re-enacted.
Instead, we just passed another $3.4 trillion round of the Bush Tax Cuts and made them permanent. We've cut about $1 trillion in discretionary spending across the board. And now we're talking hundreds of billions in cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
Now, you tell me who is winning the economic policy argument.
- The only dead tree magazine I still read is Vice whenever I find it lying around in Manhattan. Online, it just isn't the same...but still good. And I noticed it is actually easier to avoid the ads in the print version. Go figure.
- Looking forward to your links and discussion!
Empty shine stand at Grand Central.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, JekyllnHyde, lyvwyr101, basquebob, Laurence Lewis, Annalize5, GreyHawk, Jim R, global citizen, gpoutney, shaharazade, old wobbly, leonard145b, JeffW, maryabein, annieli, wintergreen8694, SouthernLiberalinMD, a2nite
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- Pope Francis on the verge of asking Catholics to step up together to fight climate change. Science and ...212 comments 161 Recs
- Latest poll numbers from Iowa. This poll conducted by the DesMoines Register. Here: Iowa Democrats Stick With Hillary Clinton in Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Poll Clinton is the ...93 comments 20 Recs
- Let's go back to October of 2006 when it became known that Denny Hastert had inexplicably failed to act on numerous reports that GOP Rep. Mark Foley had been sexually harassing male House pages via ...33 comments 32 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...843 comments 164 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...56 comments 247 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...320 comments 435 Recs
- I don't know about you, but I am tired of these videos popping up with actual, factual brutality and sometimes DEATH of the alledged suspect at the hands of the police. This video below, will just ...147 comments 285 Recs
- Today, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Bill DeBlasio jointy wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post that is worth reading. Some excerpts: In this land of big dreams, there was never a dream ...69 comments 59 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- No current results.