You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Bill in Portland Maine, nhox42, glescagal, JBL55, bfitzinAR, commonmass, mookins, Simple, Actbriniel, Vatexia, IndieGuy, Horace Boothroyd III, rebereads, Spirit of Life, allensl, Avilyn
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by LoreleiHI
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… The Week Ahead Monday Unless Republicans decide to put love of country above petty politics, today is the day America hits the debt ceiling and starts defaulting ...84 comments 59 Recs
- My favorite writer Fantasy author Terry Pratchett has died aged 66, after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. "The world has lost one of its brightest, sharpest minds," said Larry Finlay of ...141 comments 137 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: Madness d' March "Congress has a party and doesn't invite Obama. Sounds like Obama's the winner in that one!" ---Larry Wilmore "Today during ...144 comments 89 Recs
- Artful, snarky, graceful, thoughtful, provocative, funny. Sig lines are a feature of Dkos, not a bug, (at least for many of us), part of the visible character and lovable quirkiness of the site. ...131 comments 78 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… A Clip from Fifty Shades of GOP "Now that I've tied you up with anonymous holds, do you swear you voted for me and against your own self-interest?" "Yes! Yes! ...136 comments 61 Recs
- My name is Cat Sullivan and I am a long time advocate and activist for low income people. I am a lifelong Seattle resident although at this time I live outside of Seattle because being low income ...4 comments 22 Recs
- Today, I read a chapter on teaching students with disabilities for a class I'm taking in grad school. As someone with a disability myself, I decided to write up a few comments and send them to the ...94 comments 98 Recs
- food in·se·cu·ri·ty Noun Noun: food insecurity 1. the state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. What Is Food ...15 comments 22 Recs
- On Thursday, January 22, having failed to win a pardon from the El Salvadoran justice system, a young woman won her freedom after a pardon was granted by El Salvador's Parliamentary Assembly, ...146 comments 164 Recs
- Gov. Paul LePage (R-ME) More than 6,000 people in Maine are getting more than usually screwed by the hole-riddled U.S. safety net ...115 comments 145 Recs
- 99% (1263)
- Ableism (61)
- Abuse (1080)
- ADA (239)
- Anonymous (1267)
- Atheism (1708)
- Banned Books (202)
- Bigotry (4745)
- Books That Changed My Life (493)
- Cheers and Jeers (4199)
- Chronic Tonic (197)
- Class Struggle (207)
- Class War (2480)
- co-housing (20)
- commune (22)
- Confessions of a Retail Worker (501)
- die and get rid of the surplus population (8)
- Disability (2127)
- disablity (10)
- Dogs (5482)