Baucus to retire rather than seek re-election in 2014, strategists sayLet's just hope that Schweitzer does indeed run. It's my understanding that he's repeatedly stated that he has no interest in going to D.C. as either a Congressman or for POTUS, cabinet position, etc., but I could be wrong (and hope I am).
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) is retiring rather than seek re-election in 2014, according to two senior Democratic strategists familiar with his plans.
First elected in 1978, Baucus has been the top Democrat on the powerful committee since 2001. The likely Democratic candidate to succeed him would be former governor Brian Schweitzer, sources said.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Radiowalla, davybaby, jane123, dclawyer06, davehouck, Blue Boy Red State, Lujane, ericlewis0, Reinvented Daddy, quill, Avilyn
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Brainwrap
- A rainbow over Dublin. Proof that nature has a sense of humor.52 comments 277 Recs
- Daily Kos' own ObamaCare guru, Brainwrap, has recently highlighted the story of Luis Lang in a number of posts here , here , here , ...30 comments 47 Recs
- Running health insurance exchanges, states have found, is a complicated and expensive proposition. For a handful of states, that meant opting to use the federal Obamacare exchange, which is now ...26 comments 24 Recs
- I imagine you all have seen the current Recommended diary " In Defense of Shaun King ", within which there is much spirited discussion regarding alleged repeated factual errors in a multitude of ...362 comments 202 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Police, apparently from the 30th precinct near West Harlem in New York City, attempted to illegally detain two teenage girls from the community. As you will see in the video below the fold, these ...263 comments 240 Recs
- Yeah, there's no health insurance app there, either. Jeb Bush believes Obamacare should be repealed.123 comments 53 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- So by now, most of you have heard the sad, sad tale of Luis Lang, an unbelievably stupid fool who didn't bother to control his diabetes, didn't bother to stop smoking, didn't bother to buy insurance ...140 comments 159 Recs