You can click here to sign Shaheen's petition:If Congress doesn’t act before July 1, soon-to-be and recent graduates will face an unacceptable increase on their federal student loan interest rates.
Rates will rise from 3.4% to 6.8% at a time when New Hampshire has the highest average student loan debt. This would impose an unfair burden on graduates already struggling to pay down debt.
Higher education – from vocational training to Ph.D. programs – is essential to prepare students for a competitive, global economy. Now is not the time to make their educational investment even more expensive.With college costs already too high for too many, Senators Kay Hagan, Debbie Stabenow and I are fighting to block this rate hike. But we need to hear your voice on the Senate floor. Please send a clear message to Congress: stop the federal student loan interest rate hike.
Click here to demand that Congress prevent the federal student loan interest rate from doubling on July 1st:
Nationwide, student loan debt has now exceeded $1 trillion, more than any other kind of debt. Here in New Hampshire, the average recent college graduate owes more than $30,000.
The massive impending federal student loan rate hike would make it worse. That’s why I need you to sign this petition demanding that Congress block the rate hike.
Click here to urge Congress to oppose raising the federal student loan interest rate to 6.8%:
Thanks for all your support,
Received this e-mail today from Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- After the New York Times story about Wei-Hock Soon (Willie Soon) secretly taking money from fossil fuel interests to produce discredited scientific research denying climate change, there was some ...14 comments 33 Recs
- Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick at The New York Times report : The Democrats began last month with lawsuits filed in Ohio and Wisconsin, presidential ...55 comments 108 Recs
- The Democratic side of 2016's run for the presidency has ...98 comments 26 Recs
- Democratic senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...28 comments 57 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...48 comments 48 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...111 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...129 comments 33 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.211 comments 331 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.