You can click here to donate to Colbert Busch's campaign:Remember Mark Sanford? He’s the former South Carolina governor who became a national embarrassment a few years ago when he disappeared for six days, using taxpayer dollars to jet off on a secret personal trip to Argentina. And then tried to cover it all up by claiming he was “hiking the Appalachian Trail.”
He’s back again, this time trying to win a special election in South Carolina’s 1st congressional district on May 7. Fortunately, we have a strong candidate running against him: Elizabeth Colbert Busch. (Yes, that Colbert!)
The special election is less than 2 weeks away and Elizabeth needs our help. Will you send her $10 today to give her the resources she urgently needs to win?
You already proved in 2012 that you know how to replace Republican embarrassments with strong advocates for working families. You countered $6 million in right-wing Super PAC spending with an avalanche of grassroots support and sent me to Congress so that I could be a voice for working Americans.Now that I’m here, I know we’ve still got a long road ahead of us. The voices of extremism aren’t giving up easily. I can’t think of better start to the 2014 cycle than sending Elizabeth Colbert Busch to Washington to serve alongside me.
Thanks for all you do,
P.S. This is a deep red district, but thanks to Sanford’s infamous behavior, polls show the race is a toss up. Your support right now would make a big difference for Elizabeth’s campaign. Please contribute $10 today:
Received this e-mail today from Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (D. IL-8) in support of Elizabeth Colbert Busch for the South Carolina special election for the First District:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...132 comments 212 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 70 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 13 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 15 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 112 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...835 comments 157 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...374 comments 145 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...336 comments 335 Recs
- No current results.