You can click her to donate:We’ve seen where the Republicans want to take our country, and it isn’t pretty. That’s why we need real leaders -- people with courage, with heart, and with a real commitment to the common good.
I’m proud to endorse my friend Ed Markey, the newly elected Democratic nominee for the United States Senate here in Massachusetts, and I hope you will join Ed’s campaign, too.
I’ll do everything I can to make sure Ed joins me in the Senate in June. But he will need strong grassroots support to take on the powerful special interests that are lining up to stop him.
Donate now to help Ed Markey become the next Senator from Massachusetts:We need more people in the Senate who are willing to stand up for our values and stand up for families. I’ve worked with Ed and I’ve seen him in the ring, and I know he will fight for what we believe in.
Ed will fight for families and small businesses -- to level the playing field and build a future for our kids and grandkids.
Ed will fight for women -- for equal pay for equal work and access to health care screenings and birth control.
Ed will fight for working families -- for the right to unionize and collective bargaining.
Ed will fight for seniors -- for protecting Medicare and Social Security, the commitment we make to ourselves and to each other.
Ed will fight for the environment -- in passing on a world to our children where you can drink the water and breathe the air.
And Ed will fight for accountability on Wall Street -- to end “Too Big to Fail” and “Too Big to Jail” once and for all.
I know that the people of Massachusetts share the same values that Ed Markey and I do. But I also know that we can’t take anything for granted in the June special election. After all, it was just a few years ago when Scott Brown shocked the world and won the last Massachusetts special election.
I may be preaching to the choir, but we absolutely cannot lose another special election in Massachusetts -- or let our guard down even for a minute.
National Republicans and powerful corporate interests are going to do everything they can to take back a Senate seat in Massachusetts and keep another progressive like Ed Markey out of the Senate.
That’s why Ed Markey needs your help, and that’s why I’m counting on you. Donate now to send him to the United States Senate:
In the weeks ahead, we’re going to need you talking to your friends and family in Massachusetts about why this election is so important. You’re going to make the difference for Ed Markey.
Thank you for being a part of this,
Received this e-mail from Senator Elizabeth Warren (D. MA) in support of Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA) in the 2013 Massachusetts Special Election to fill Secretary of State John Kerry's (D. MA) U.S. Senate seat:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...374 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.