You can click here to sign Franken's petition:Did you know that, in dozens of states, it’s legal to fire an employee just because he or she is gay or lesbian?
That’s insane. We’ve made too much progress toward equality for LGBT Americans to let such outright discrimination go unchecked at the workplace.
Discrimination has no place in our laws -- and no place at work. Click here to sign my petition, and let’s strike another blow for equality by protecting LGBT Americans in the workplace:
It’s already illegal for employers to discriminate against employees for reasons involving race, gender, national origin, or disability. Why should it be legal for sexual orientation (or gender identity, or gender expression) to be the reason someone gets fired?
And, by the way, why is this still an issue in the year 2013, especially when we’re making so much progress on marriage equality?It shouldn’t be. And we can put an end to legal discrimination against LGBT employees. Democrats and Republicans agree that this kind of discrimination is wrong, and that it shouldn’t be legal. If you agree, too, I could use your help.
Click here to sign my petition and let’s stand up for LGBT rights in the workplace!
Anytime is a good time to make our country more fair and equal. But when it comes to workplace discrimination against LGBT Americans, the time to make it illegal was a long time ago.
We can’t afford to wait any longer. Sign the petition today.
Thanks for helping me take action,
P.S.: Seriously, it’s insane that this kind of discrimination isn’t already illegal. But we can make up for lost time by getting this done now. Click here to sign my petition opposing discrimination against LGBT Americans in the workplace.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Al Franken (D. MN):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, filkertom, harrije, sceptical observer, roycej, bythesea, annieli, ban nock, LeftCoastTom, Dbug, oslyn7
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 70 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 12 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- Earlier today, May 28th, the NC house cleared a gay marriage objections bill that allows court officials to opt out of same-sex marriage duties based on religious Objections “sincerely held”.7 comments 15 Recs
- The Justice Department has indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on reporting evasion charges and lying to the FBI as part of an effort to pay off victims of “prior bad acts.” In an ...86 comments 112 Recs
- He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...831 comments 157 Recs
- More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...374 comments 145 Recs
- The media are more interested in ...332 comments 332 Recs
- No current results.