You can click here to sign Coons' petition:What do you want to be when you grow up?
It’s a question I’ve asked thousands of kids. They dream of being doctors, astronauts, NBA stars, and even the President. No matter their answers, one thing is true: kids start out with big dreams.
Unfortunately, the outcomes are too often very different. Today, only one in ten children from low-income households completes a college education. The other nine face higher unemployment rates, and lose out on nearly a million dollars in lifetime earnings.
This has been a passion of mine for 20 years, which is why I’ve reintroduced the American Dream Accounts Act. It would empower students with vital information about paying for, applying to, and completing higher education.
I need your help to get it passed. Become a citizen co-sponsor and let every Member of Congress know that it’s time to fix educational inequality.
Click here to show your support by telling Congress that now is the time to pass the American Dream Accounts Act. All kids deserve a chance to realize their dreams:
By the time they reach high school, kids from low-income families have been told over and over again that college just isn't for them. Then, even though scholarship money may be available, too many kids have already started down a path that leads away from college.
Taking some simple, early steps can help us make sure these kids know that higher education is possible for everyone.My bill empowers students with critical early information about how to pay for, apply to, and complete higher education. To keep students on track, this bill creates portable and secure web-based accounts so students can access their records if they move to another school district.
We need to fix educational inequality – and we can help by passing this legislation. Join me today by signing on as a citizen co-sponsor.
Click here to demand that Congress act to help kids prepare and pay for college by passing the American Dream Accounts Act:
With your support, we can help students from all backgrounds meet their potential.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Chris Coons (D. DE):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...83 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...135 comments 218 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...276 comments 440 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 58 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.