You can click here to sign Coons' petition:What do you want to be when you grow up?
It’s a question I’ve asked thousands of kids. They dream of being doctors, astronauts, NBA stars, and even the President. No matter their answers, one thing is true: kids start out with big dreams.
Unfortunately, the outcomes are too often very different. Today, only one in ten children from low-income households completes a college education. The other nine face higher unemployment rates, and lose out on nearly a million dollars in lifetime earnings.
This has been a passion of mine for 20 years, which is why I’ve reintroduced the American Dream Accounts Act. It would empower students with vital information about paying for, applying to, and completing higher education.
I need your help to get it passed. Become a citizen co-sponsor and let every Member of Congress know that it’s time to fix educational inequality.
Click here to show your support by telling Congress that now is the time to pass the American Dream Accounts Act. All kids deserve a chance to realize their dreams:
By the time they reach high school, kids from low-income families have been told over and over again that college just isn't for them. Then, even though scholarship money may be available, too many kids have already started down a path that leads away from college.
Taking some simple, early steps can help us make sure these kids know that higher education is possible for everyone.My bill empowers students with critical early information about how to pay for, apply to, and complete higher education. To keep students on track, this bill creates portable and secure web-based accounts so students can access their records if they move to another school district.
We need to fix educational inequality – and we can help by passing this legislation. Join me today by signing on as a citizen co-sponsor.
Click here to demand that Congress act to help kids prepare and pay for college by passing the American Dream Accounts Act:
With your support, we can help students from all backgrounds meet their potential.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Chris Coons (D. DE):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...372 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.