You can sign Takano's petition here:As a high school teacher, this time of year has always been bittersweet for me. The school year is wrapping up, books are being turned in, lockers cleaned out, and California's high school seniors are getting ready to move on to the next step of their education.
Seeing the potential of so many young adults, I am mixed with optimism and concern. These outstanding individuals can accomplish so much, yet the reality is that they will be faced with crushing student loan debt when they graduate from college. In fact, on July 1st, student loan rates will double from 3.4% to 6.8% if Congress does not act.
Will you add your name to mine and demand that these rates do not increase?
Every American deserves the chance to go to college. But, the high cost of student loans means that far too many aspiring young people can no longer afford an education after high school.
Tell Congress that Inland Empire students deserve fair loans. We owe it to the future of our country.
- Mr. Takano
Received this e-mail from Congressman Mark Takano (D. CA-41) regarding student loan interest rates:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...191 comments 189 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...43 comments 30 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...7 comments 8 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.232 comments 148 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...54 comments 58 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- No current results.