You can click here to donate to MoveOn.org's campaign to help Senator Merkley's right to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act:Is there a company in the world more evil than Monsanto? I don't think so.
Last year, Monsanto spent nearly $6 million on lobbying, and their payoff was the "Monsanto Protection Act," which was written anonymously, passed in secret, and allows Monsanto to keep selling genetically engineered seeds even if a federal court says they may pose a health risk.
Now, Monsanto has sneaked an amendment into the farm bill that would block GMO labeling laws moving forward in states like Vermont and Connecticut.This time, Monsanto may have gone too far. A massive backlash is growing against the Monsanto Protection Act, and Senator Jeff Merkley is demanding a floor vote to repeal it.
We can beat Monsanto, but we don't have much time to get organized, because the farm bill has already passed the House and is being debated in the Senate right now. Can you chip in $25 to help MoveOn members fight back against Monsanto?
Yes, I want to pitch in $25 to help fight back against Monsanto:We know that we'll never be able to outspend Monsanto, but with your help we can out-organize them with smart, well-timed, targeted campaigning. Together, we can take on Monsanto by:
Supporting campaigns all over the country led by MoveOn members targeting their members of Congress, asking them to stand up to Monsanto's influence.
Providing financial support for flyers, rallies, transportation and the other crucial nuts and bolts necessary to run a strong campaign.
Calling out key members of Congress who are supporting Monsanto over the public interest and making sure the public knows whose side they're on
MoveOn leaders around the country are eager to push forward, but they need your help: If we can raise $150,000 in the next two days, we can help kick-start these campaigns immediately.
Last year, Monsanto's $6 million investment bought them several favorable pieces of legislation. But right now, your investment of $25 can help launch a nationwide movement to make sure that our democracy isn't auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Click here to contribute $25 to support the campaign against Monsanto;
Thanks for all you do.
–Anna, Wes, Linda, Mariana, and the rest of the team
Senator Jeff Merkley's (D. OR) call to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act keeps on gaining more momentum:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
SME in Seattle, JekyllnHyde, CJB, ask, chimene, Laurence Lewis, Ginny in CO, blueoasis, kurt, ninkasi23, noofsh, Sixty Something, Mokurai, Mortifyd, Horace Boothroyd III
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...14 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 18 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.140 comments 85 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...83 comments 168 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...29 comments 71 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...30 comments 31 Recs
- Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...8 comments 14 Recs
- Maryland Democrat John Delaney took to the Washington Post yesterday to make the argument that Democrats who are providing a "loud voice" on issues ...9 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.