If you can't make the meeting, you can get involved with the campaign here:The Draft Brian Schweitzer for Senate campaign has set its first Missoula organizing meet-up for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Montgomery Distillery in downtown Missoula.
Co-hosts for the event, which is at 129 W. Front St., are former U.S. Rep. Pat Williams and state Rep. Ellie Hill, both Missoula Democrats.
Missoula supporters will talk about why they want to draft Schweitzer, a Democrat and governor from 2005 to 2013, for the seat being vacated in 2014 by U.S. Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., who is not seeking re-election. Missoula backers will put together an organizing plan to build support for Schweitzer in the community.
Draft supporters say they have identified nearly 1,200 Schweitzer supporters in Montana so far, recruited more than 280 volunteers and raised more than $27,000 that Schweitzer will receive on the first day of his campaign. Their goal is to line up 500 Montana volunteers and raise $50,000 for the draft fund by the time Schweitzer decides whether to enter the race. - Billings Gazette, 5/28/13
For those of you who live in Montana and want former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D. MT) to run for retiring Senator Max Baucus's (D. MT) Senate seat, here's a good opportunity for you to get involved with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee's campaign to draft Schweitzer for U.S. Senate:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...98 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 220 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...279 comments 440 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 298 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.