You can sign Shaheen's petition here:Brave survivors of sexual assault in the military have spoken up. It's time for Congress to listen.
After hearing testimony from victims and advocates about why independent prosecutors should handle military sexual assault cases, the Senate removed a bipartisan amendment that I cosponsored featuring that reform.
With an estimated 26,000 instances of unwanted sexual contact in our military last year alone, this issue requires meaningful reform. Year after year, it gets worse.Soldiers from New Hampshire and across America make the ultimate sacrifice when they volunteer themselves to defend our freedoms. They deserve better – they deserve justice.
They deserve a vote on this legislation before the full Senate. I’m joining with my colleagues in the Senate to make that happen. Will you stand with us?
Tell the Senate that we cannot ignore the epidemic of sexual assault in our military. Add your name to our petition demanding a full Senate vote on the Military Justice Improvement Act:
We can’t wait to make changes. And these changes shouldn’t be controversial. Providing our soldiers with a pathway to justice is common sense.
We have to stop the culture of abuse that has taken hold in our military.
Every minute we delay, more men and women are being assaulted. An average of 71 assaults are estimated to occur each day. We have to do something.
Add your voice now in support of our soldiers: tell the Senate our troops deserve a vote:
Thank you for doing your part to stand up for the service members who give us their all.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH):
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...99 comments 34 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Elizabeth Warren wants Hillary Clinton to say "no" to Fast ...7 comments 19 Recs
- In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...57 comments 75 Recs
- I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...62 comments 53 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 442 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...46 comments 59 Recs
- Matt Bevin has apparently won the Kentucky GOP nod for governor by 83 votes. We were expecting a tight GOP gubernatorial primary in Kentucky, but not this tight! With all precincts reporting, tea ...17 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.