It’s Saturday and most Saturdays I like to spend time in the woods. From a Native American perspective, the tree people are important and can teach us many things. According to some creation stories, the plant people were given two closely related gifts: the power of healing and the power of beauty. The beauty of the trees helps heal the mind and the spirit. Wandering through the woods and trying to understand the many different personalities of the tree people is a good form of meditation as well as an exercise in creativity. Shown below are some photographs of trees from Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon. Wander through them for a couple of minutes, let you imagination wander free, and join us in the Saturday open thread.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Gooserock, Pam from Calif, Anna M, myboo, gchaucer2, nchristine, Dragon5616, SeattleTammy, BlueJessamine, Wolf10, foresterbob, Regina in a Sears Kit House, DawnN, state of confusion, Eric Nelson, FloridaSNMOM, jennyp, jbob, Aunt Pat, RiveroftheWest
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Ojibwa
- Welcome to the Overnight News Digest with a crew consisting of founder Magnifico, current leader Neon Vincent, regular editors side pocket, maggiejean, wader, Doctor RJ, rfall, JML9999 and Man Oh ...33 comments 26 Recs
- Greetings, top comments readers. This is my first top comments diary, so I thought I'd introduce myself by clearing up the (possible) confusion as to what my nickname is, why I chose it, and ...97 comments 46 Recs
- CEDWYN’S MOM LINDA (IN AUSTIN TEXAS) THANK YOU I want to express my appreciation and gratitude for all of Cedwyn’s friends and KOS associates. I hope each of you celebrated Cedwyn in your ...49 comments 186 Recs
- 31 years age, I met and spent a few days with a young organizer for the Gary Hart for President Campaign in Davenport, Iowa. Martin O'Malley was contagiously positive despite the fact that Hart ...23 comments 22 Recs
- Welcome to Sunday Brunch. This is an open topic thread so help yourself to the goodies and sit a spell and let us know what is new with you. I was very happy to see that our new home has plenty of ...4 comments 5 Recs
- 4 comments 15 Recs
- 5 comments 11 Recs
- This is not going to be funny, and this is not going to be angry, so if you are seeking a rant this evening (or any such classic Shiz fare) - off you go. The stories tonight about the death of ...88 comments 171 Recs
- Welcome to the Saturday Science Edition of Overnight News Digest Overnight News Digest is a regular daily feature which provides noteworthy news items and commentary from around the world. The ...27 comments 30 Recs
- But First, A Word From Our ...78 comments 50 Recs