Radio broadcast will take place at 9 PM ET. You can click here for a free trial:Tonight, SiriusXM radio will air a Social Security-focused town hall featuring Senator Tom Harkin, Social Security Works’ Founding Co-Director Nancy Altman, and the Alliance for Retired Americans’ Executive Director Ed Coyle.
Although SiriusXM is a subscription-based service, you can listen for free by enrolling in a free trial here:
On the show, host Ari Rabin-Havt talks with the Senator at length about Senator Harkin’s bill to expand our Social Security system, and why that system is more important now than ever.
Once you’ve signed up for your free trial:
Who: Senator Tom Harkin; Ed Coyle, Executive Director, Alliance for Retired Americans; and Nancy Altman, Co-founder of Social Security Works and Co-chair of the Strengthen Social Security Coalition and a live studio audience
What: Radio town hall about the need to expand Social Security hosted by The Agenda with Ari Rabin-Havt
When: Wednesday, June 26, 9:00pm ET
Where: SiriusXM Channel Left 127
The work that we’re doing is making a difference. More and more, the elite media is paying attention to what we’ve been saying— there is a retirement security crisis and Social Security is the solution not the problem. Listen tonight as Senator Harkin discusses our work to build support to expand Social Security not cut it.
Click here to sign up for a free trial if you aren’t already a member;
Thank you for all you’ve done to get us this far,
Social Security Works
p.s., Social Security Works does not receive any compensation from SiriusXM--we are supporting this program solely due to its content.
Received this e-mail from Social Security Works today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.