VRA Section 4 determines where it is applied and has been tossed by the Supreme Court but the Section 5, Preclearance, stands. Now that Section 5 applies to the entire country, can't the DoJ enforce it across the board?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by hobie1616
- See a pattern here? Do or say something that's batshit crazily offensive, like refusing to serve pizza to a gay couple, then complain when the not-insane world says nasty things about you and ...50 comments 107 Recs
- A lot of people are puzzled why Senator McConnell pushed so hard to preventing any needed reforms of the Patriot Act. The failure to do so partially discredited his leadership. Republican ...106 comments 152 Recs
- Between San Diego and Los Angeles is Orange County, California. With more than 3 million residents, it's larger than 21 states. If Orange County were a separate country, its economy would be the ...159 comments 433 Recs
- Now, in the middle of the afternoon, people will be able to see you when the sun shines on you The NY Post ran a story a couple of days ago about how ...62 comments 161 Recs
- Come back, kids! Yesterday we shared the disheartening story of a principal at PS 120 in Queens, New York that ...183 comments 396 Recs
- This is my first diary. I had always imagined that my first DK diary would be something substantial, carefully-crafted, and focused on the kind of special issues that I have particular knowledge of. ...336 comments 475 Recs
- A Louisiana state senator took to the state senate floor to rake Governor Bobby Jindal over the coals for issuing the executive order after the 'license to discriminate' legislation failed in ...25 comments 65 Recs
- Jay Z with the family of slain Baltimore man Freddie Gray Jay Z is a charitable dude. For some reason, though, it's never enough for people who insist that if they were him they'd do so much more. ...11 comments 27 Recs
- Almost all of us (probably all of us) have experienced bullying of one or more types in our lives. It comes from our "friends" (even those who often really are what we think of as friends), from ...32 comments 29 Recs
- As we hear and see more and more reports of violence by police officers directed at innocent and not-so-innocent citizens, some observers have commented on the "militarization" of our police forces.75 comments 95 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.