Are we still the leading light when it comes to anti-science creationist nonsense? Maybe, there is a reason Australian transplant Ken Ham opened his creationist theme park in the U.S. But cast your eye down under, where our southern friends not only celebrate Christmas in summer, the heathens, they're increasingly, willfully ignorant:
The number of 18-24 year olds who knew the Earth took a year to orbit the sun dropped from 74 per cent in 2010 to 62 per cent in 2013. They still did better than women overall on that question. Only half the women answered it correctly compared to 68 per cent of men.Pfft, nice try Aussies! But you have a ways to go to catch up to the one, the only, the numero uno willfully ignorant western nation on earth!
Generally men, young people or people with a higher education level did best. Seventy per cent knew evolution was still occurring and 73 per cent believed people were influencing the evolution of other species. Some didn't believe in evolution. The encouraging news was that more Australians, 73 per cent up from 70 per cent in 2010, knew dinosaurs and humans did not live at the same time.
- Speaking of Australian transplants, the willful ignorance and duplicity of Fox News is well established. I guess ABC felt left out?
By choosing Jenny McCarthy to be a host on "The View", ABC made a decision that could end up costing lives--even worse, the lives of children.
- It's too bad the usual suspects don't believe in evo, if we keep dumping fossil fuel emissions into the air, there's gonna be a lot of it. But then they don't "believe in" that either.
- Star Scientific: not exactly scientific, but a rising star in the Governor Ultrasound scandal:
In other words, Williams and his company have had financial ties to Virginia’s past three attorneys general, and its past three Republican gubernatorial nominees. And one of those former attorneys general is now his lawyer. (McDonnell served as attorney general from 2006 to 2009.)
- Astrophysicists are quick to note that gold is rare because it's only made in supernova explosions. Actually, the gold on earth may be even rarer and have an even more violent origin than that!
- Had I simply ventured outside a few days ago here in Austin, there would have been indisputable proof of supernatural beings right outside my door!
Make now mistake about what is happening; this is raw Satanic sewage coming up out of Hell. The sewer pipes of Hell have broken open and this is raw hate against Jesus Christ, against God, against the Bible, against righteous men and women, against life, against anything that is good and decent.