I'm in the mood for a nerd melee, so I would like to pose this question: Which Science Fiction Grand Master best represents the grandeur, the inspiration, the creativity, the excitement, and the possibility of a bold, high-tech humanist future: Arthur C. Clarke, he of 2001: A Space Odyssey fame and others, or Isaac Asimov, who showed us the epic decline, falla, and resurrection of a galactic empir over thousands of tyears. Sadly to say Heinlein will not be joining do to a mild case of sucking Frank Herbert will be waiting in the waitings becaues he's just too cool to compete. So which is it: Clark or Asimovc -whose vision do you want to get birth to the future?
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
corwin, chimene, schumann, WB Reeves, SeaTurtle, TomP, Ronald England, Hanging Up My Tusks, Dragon5616, serendipityisabitch, FarWestGirl, SoCaliana, leftykook, Tailgunner30uk, Hammerhand, Lily O Lady, koosah, Ree Zen, Tony Situ
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Troubadour
- Over the past day or so there have been developments in both Greece and Italy which could lead to new general elections in both countries. In Greece MPs and the leader of the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn ...43 comments 82 Recs
- Last night, Bill Maher explained the real reason conservatives should be so afraid of California — because we're a living experiment that shows everything they've been preaching is pure ...155 comments 403 Recs
- Bill Maher is getting back on all those that have been stumping on California’s past misfortune. In fact, a few months Texas governor Rick Perry went to California ...15 comments 56 Recs
- So proud Originally posted at Eclectablog . If you listen to the ad the Michigan Governor Rick Snyder recently released , an authoritarian narrator informs you that Michigan was once number 50. Dead ...20 comments 24 Recs
- This diary is about the 2013 general election or Wahltag in Germany. It is more of a primer than an in depth analysis. The title reflects this. I was saying this to the election workers outside of ...97 comments 52 Recs
- First Lady Michelle Obama ...335 comments 289 Recs
- STUNNER from Pope: Church Should Stop Being "Obsessed" with Abortion, Gay marriage and ContraceptionI really like this new Pope. A lot. From the NYT : Pope Francis, in the first extensive interview of his six-month-old papacy, said that the Roman Catholic church had grown “obsessed” with ...567 comments 498 Recs
- Some good news that literally affects millions of workers. The U.S. Department of Labor extended minimum wage and overtime benefits to the mostly female and minority workforce of nearly 2 million ...40 comments 127 Recs
- Oh this is delicious. Yes, you read it right. Hate-radio talk show host, Rush Limbaugh, has been ousted from Fargo's Talk 101.9 FM, and replaced with Rock 102, after listeners rebelled and ratings ...84 comments 231 Recs
- For the better part of six years, the wingnut fringe has been trying to claim that Obama isn't really a Christian. But just when it was settled that they think he's a radical Muslim, now comes a ...35 comments 26 Recs
- Cosmic Log
- Centauri Dreams
- The Space Review
- Spaceflight Now
- NASA Spaceflight.com
- Flight Global
- Selenian Boondocks
- Space Politics
- Space Cynics
- NASA Watch
- Space Elevator Blog
- Space Prizes
- Planetary Society Blog
- Armadillo Aerospace
- Masten Space Systems
- President Obama's accomplishments so far.