You can click here to help Duckworth keep up the pressure:Already, thousands of supporters have joined Tammy in calling on the Senate to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
This uncontroversial treaty would encourage other nations around the world to meet our own high standards for protecting individuals with disabilities.
As Mary Lou, from Naperville, IL, said "All human beings deserve to have the same rights, whether they are disabled or not. This should not be a partisan issue!"
Add your name. Tell Senate Republicans to stop playing partisan games and ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities:
Barbara, from Elgin, IL, shared what the treaty would mean for her: "America stands for liberty and justice for all, which includes the disabled. My husband, who is disabled, and I love to travel. Removing obstacles worldwide would be terrific."
John, from Buffalo Grove, IL, called the treaty "an important step forward in dealing with a major issue to many veterans like myself."
It's time for Republicans to stand up for people with disabilities and stop blocking this important treaty. Let's call them out on their senseless obstruction.
Thanks for your help,
Duckworth for Congress
Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth (D. IL-08) and her campaign staff are putting the pressure on Senate Republicans to vote to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Senators introduce legislation requiring police to report all deaths/shootings to the DOJThis is actually a big deal . It shouldn't be, but it's an important step in the right direction. It's impossible ...11 comments 32 Recs
- Congress is back from Memorial Day recess—and will vote very shortly on whether to pass fast-track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ...4 comments 13 Recs
- Since Pope Francis came out last month telling Catholics that God will judge those who do not preserve the environemnt , it was a matter of time before the backlash from Republican aspirants became ...106 comments 66 Recs
- Fabulous, but still not running for president. Now is the time to talk about the Democratic presidential primary as it is, without all the what ifs. Well, it's been that time for a while, but ...119 comments 33 Recs
- Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...10 comments 19 Recs
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 90 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 179 Recs
- No current results.