- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Uniquely trustworthy:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- 60 years after U.S.-sponsored coup, Iranians remember, by Meteor Blades
- Only young pups need apply, by DarkSyde
- Book review: "The Quarry," by Mark Sumner
- A conversation with Byron Dorgan on his book Gridlock, by Armando
- More fighters against the Roberts Five, by Denise Oliver Velez
- When a Judge Gets It: The Decision in Floyd v. City of New York, by Shanikka
- The Last Word They Heard Before They Died, by Ian Reifowitz
- Reverse Mortgages - The Final Blow Killing Middle Class Wealth, by Egberto Willies
- Hi, honey, how was your day?
Attorneys for Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, will spend Monday locked in separate hours-long meetings trying to convince federal prosecutors that the first couple should not be charged in the gifts scandal that has dominated state politics.
The meetings open a new, critical phase of the investigation, timed to help prosecutors decide over the next few weeks whether to file charges, according to two people with knowledge of the investigation.
- Ed is back (next week):
MSNBC’s The Ed Show will continue its journey through the cable news network’s schedule with a move in late August to the nightly 5 p.m. time slot.
Beginning on August 26, Ed Schultz’s hour-long format will run Monday-Friday, replacing Chris Matthews’s Hardball in its earlier slot. Hardball will continue to air at 7 p.m.
- If you've ever considered barking at a police dog, don't:
A Sun Prairie woman was arrested early Saturday morning for repeatedly harassing MPD K9 Slim. Slim was alone in the back of a parked squad car while his handler responded to a nearby call, in the 400 block of N. Frances St. The officer could hear Slim barking and "sounding extremely agitated." She returned to see what was happening and saw a 22-year old woman putting her face close to Slim's. The woman cupped hands on each side of her face and began barking into what separated her from the police dog – a squad car grill. The officer went to talk with the suspect. She refused to identify herself and said she was only "talking" with Slim. A private security guard approached and told Slim's partner that the woman had actually gone barking several times up to the squad window, even after he told her to stop. The officer told the suspect it is a crime to harass a police dog and that she was now under arrest. The officer says she routinely parks downtown while responding to calls, and this was the first time in 2 years that someone repeatedly taunted Slim.
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show: the Miranda/Greenwald story, about which we got a few comments in from Armando. Yelp! joins ALEC, and the origins (to which I'll lay partial claim) of the campaign to review ALEC on Yelp! Best part: this thing really happened thanks to what our own MissWrite did with it! Brian Beutler's "What I learned from getting shot." The hidden impact of #GunFAIL. Chris Christie reverses himself on a sniper rifle ban he himself suggested. A not-exactly-GunFAIL story that falls into the sarcastic "no one could have predicted it" category. And a look ahead at stories we'll forget to cover in the week ahead!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 258 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:35 comments 48 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.