The recent acting head of the CIA, Michael Morell, will be among what President Obama called a “high-level group of outside experts” scrutinizing the controversial programs.
Joining Morell on the panel will be former White House officials Richard Clarke, Cass Sunstein and Peter Swire. An announcement is expected Thursday, a source with knowledge of the matter told ABC News’ Jon Karl.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
ranger995, ek hornbeck, corvo, sceptical observer, One Pissed Off Liberal, pgm 01, suejazz, jayden, bobswern, wayoutinthestix, Involuntary Exile, Words In Action, Publius2008
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by TJ
- National Public Radio (NPR) played its interview with Martin O'Malley this morning. Interviewing him was Steve Inskeep. Inskeep asked O'Malley several questions over a broad range of topics. Below ...335 comments 317 Recs
- The White House is once again on the defensive . Last week, Wikileaks released a document ...46 comments 38 Recs
- California snow water content as of March, 23 2015 is 9% of normal for April 1, a record low, and an absolute disaster for California'...256 comments 200 Recs
- I recently introduced an amendment at the Senate Budget Committee. It was pretty simple. It asked my Senate colleagues to begin the process of overturning the disastrous Supreme Court ruling on ...191 comments 578 Recs
- Economists at BNP Paribas declared that the US economy had reached full employment . Richard Fisher, president of the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank, says the US has almost reached full ...25 comments 39 Recs
- Yesterday the United Nations Security Council joined the effort against ISIS. The United Nations Security Council on Thursday banned all trade in antiquities from war-torn Syria, threatened ...45 comments 21 Recs
- It has been awhile since America did something really stupid abroad, too long for some. From the gang of Very Serious People who brought you the 2003 invasion and occupation of Iraq comes Quagmire 2:21 comments 17 Recs
- Obama Tells House Dems to "Get Informed" on the TPP, But He's the One Restricting Access to the TextDuring the House Democrats' retreat in Philadelphia yesterday, Obama berated House Democrats for criticizing him on trade policy: PHILADELPHIA – President Obama on Thursday asked wary House ...408 comments 138 Recs
- If the Saudis wanted to crush America's shale oil industry they are certainly doing a good job of it. West Texas Intermediate reached a 2014 peak of $107.73 in June before dropping as low as $49....167 comments 133 Recs
- Generally news headlines that say something like "lowest in a century" are enough to merit your attention. So what does it mean when the news headline says "lowest since the Black Death"? ...136 comments 121 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.