You can click here to add your name to Coons' petition:I wanted to reach out to you with an important update on our effort to restore the Voting Rights Act.
Republican Representative Jim Sensenbrenner, who has passionately supported the Voting Rights Act in the past, bucked his party this week and, while speaking at a meeting of the Republican National Committee, pledged to help us restore these critical protections by the end of the year. This is significant.
Momentum is building to end discriminatory voting practices like unnecessary voter ID laws and voter roll purges, but we need the House’s Republican leadership to join this effort.
Will you join me in immediately calling on the House Republican leadership to help us restore the Voting Rights Act? We can’t miss this moment.
Please, click here to join me in calling on House Republicans to help restore the Voting Rights Act. We have to do this together:
Our nation honored the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington yesterday, but it was not solely a commemoration: It was a continuation — a promise to continue marching forward.
Let’s continue standing for the rights of all voters.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Chris Coons (D. DE) regarding the Voting Rights Act:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Wee Mama, Aquarius40, wdrath, Pam from Calif, Nulwee, john07801, greengemini, rem123, Its the Supreme Court Stupid, stevenaxelrod, theKgirls, bgblcklab1, nice marmot
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 280 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 451 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 208 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...816 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.