From Mitt Romney sending his money on holiday to the Caribbean to other American one-percenters sending their money on ski trips in Switzerland, our US government -- and, correspondingly, pool of tax money for social policy and economic development -- loses billions and billions of dollars a year to tax evasion. This video from the European Commission powerfully highlights the consequences -- for the rest of us -- of such greedy and selfish behavior:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by james321
- 167 comments 344 Recs
- Word out of Iraq from yesterday is quite different the what I see in the morning war coverage out of MSM/corporate media. -- Over in Iraq the coalition has set up two large-scale victories in the ...106 comments 100 Recs
- Wow. All I can say is...good for him, seriously: Lifelong Republican Turns On His Party, Embraces Obamacare Luis Lang, who is currently crowdfunding for medical expenses that he can’t afford ...282 comments 684 Recs
- Arizonans not welcome. Today the Arizona legislature did what no other state in the nation has been mean-spirited enough to do: they cut lifetime welfare benefits to one year for everyone—adults ...341 comments 343 Recs
- 123 comments 72 Recs
- The last known photo of Tamir Rice, taken just a month before he was shot and killed by the Cleveland PD Twelve-year-old Tamir Rice was shot by ...58 comments 136 Recs
- The ad kind of speaks for itself.252 comments 518 Recs
- America is a scary, violent place. Yes, we host the Grammys and produce Pixar movies, but we live in one of the most violent nations, historically and currently, in the entire world. Culture and ...131 comments 142 Recs
- The United States continues to be separate and unequal in so many ways. Justice, far too often, is applied in an inequitable fashion and basic privileges often afforded to white men, 2015 be damned,473 comments 531 Recs
- It's been in the news. Now it has been confirmed. As of this past weekend, Raymond Leo Burke, America's highest-ranking cardinal ...250 comments 394 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.