- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Obama's Reassignment Surgery:
- Today's "Ask me anything about Daily Kos" is hosted by VP of Products and Technology Jason Libsch. So bring your tech—or anything else—questions and meet him in the diaries starting at 3:30 ET!
- We're going to be trying something new here at Daily Kos on Sunday: Hosting a virtual book launch for a community member! Woo-hoo! At 3:30 PM ET, David Harris-Gershon will host a diary to celebrate the publication of his memoir, What Do You Buy the Children of the Terrorist Who Tried to Kill Your Wife?. There will be book giveaways, a question-and-answer session with David and a general rousing good time (BYOB, of course)! And keep your eye out for a review of the book that Susan from 29 will post at 2 PM ET Saturday in the Readers & Book Lovers group blog—check it out so you'll be up to speed when David's around to answer questions.
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- What's in it for me? Your Obamacare health insurance options, by Joan McCarter
- Five States You Will Care About A Lot In November of 2014, by Steve Singiser
- Yes she should...run for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Time to go nuclear over Obamacare -- here's one thing the White House must do, by Ian Reifowitz
- We Must Go To War. Just Not In Syria, by Egberto Willies
- The global corporate power grab you hear nothing about because it's being decided in secret, by VL Baker
- Obamacare 202: The HHS & the Affordable Care Act, by DarkSyde
- Surprising absolutely no one with functioning brain cells:
... it certainly seems true that, in the words of Salon’s Alex Pareene, “Drudge has seriously stepped up his ‘scary black people’ coverage” since Obama’s election, is that something that can actually be quantified? In fact, yes: The handy Drudge Report Archives has taken a snapshot of the site’s home page every two minutes since 2001. We turned to the archives to count the frequency of race-related search terms in Drudge’s headlines before and after 2008. [...]
The results were striking: Drudge headlines featuring a variety of terms linked to race appeared more frequently after 2008, when Barack Obama’s presidential campaign kicked into full gear.
- For Karl Rove, vindication:
Everybody knows that our political views can sometimes get in the way of thinking clearly. But perhaps we don't realize how bad the problem actually is. According to a new psychology paper, our political passions can even undermine our very basic reasoning skills. More specifically, the study finds that people who are otherwise very good at math may totally flunk a problem that they would otherwise probably be able to solve, simply because giving the right answer goes against their political beliefs.
- A handy map of places John McCain has wanted to bomb.
- Not sure why, but:
Actor Alec Baldwin has agreed to host a weekly cable show on MSNBC that will air Friday nights beginning in October.
- This is very cool: Sixteen minutes of isolated vocal tracks, done when the Beatles were recording "Abbey Road" (their last album):
- Condolences ... to no one:
Hitler bodyguard Rochus Misch, last witness to Fuehrer's final hours, has died, colleague says.
- Always remember:
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show, Greg Dworkin's roundup buries a central neocon tenet, and once again illustrates the Gop's inability to win general elections with just its base. Armando foists Michael Tomasky's Daily Beast piece on Syria on us. He didn't mean for us to seriously dissect it, but we did anyway, and thus did Syria end up occupying the bulk of the show once again. Other subjects of interest: Armando's weekend sports show (12 noon ET on netrootsradio.com), McConnell's anti-Obama tactics boomerang, and the NRA joins the ACLU's anti-spying lawsuit.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
JeffW, Virginian in Spain, Larsstephens, David Harris Gershon, wintergreen8694, a2nite, LilithGardener
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:18 comments 25 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 287 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 254 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 179 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.